 Trains / 2516
Re: My new Engine
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 13:32:44 GMT

It says Geep to me! Nice work.

EL maroon is just about brown anyway.

One nit (you *did* ask) is at the end of the high hood, if you could
extend the triangular surface all the way to the top of the hood that
would be better. Might be tricky to do though, what with the
vertical/horizontal transition

Another nit is that I just tend to think that any air horn other than a
spigot turned on its side is too large in appearance so your space brick
on the cab roof is not my first choice for airhorns

Again, very nice work, nits notwithstanding

PS thanks for the proto photo. That trailing unit is an F B unit,
probably an F7 but I'm not a good enough diesel spotter to be sure. Just
shows you how poor the EL was, that they were using junky B units to
stretch their power as late as the 70s when this shot was probably
taken.

Just one of the many fallen flags in the NorthEast.