 Robotics / 7836
7835  |  7837
Subject:
organize a toolkit site (was Re: walker that turns?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 18:48:34 GMT

We ought to organize a toolkit site (or section for that in the existing
site), where you can in an organized fashion find instructions on ways to
build each of the types of mechanisms like this that apply to many projects
(as well as saying what hasn't been done yet, to give people ideas).  Thus a
section for robotic claws, a section for differentials, a section on how to
build a stair climbing mechanism, etc.

A non-Lego(TM) "Constructopedia" has been discussed before for just that
purpose.
The most promising work seems to be the Kego Constructopedia. See
http://www.lugnet.com/?q=kego+constructopedia
That project seems to be in the hands of university students.

In the mean time, I propose adding links to the Lego-Robotics Wiki-Web:
http://www.lugnet.com/robotics/?n=6740
http://www.object-arts.com/wiki/html/Lego-Robotics/RobotConstruction.htm