 Robotics / 7826
RE: walker that turns?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 13:13:56 GMT

I have several walkers that turn at: http://www.marsrobot.com/walkbot.htm

Most of the walkers turn like a treaded tank, but one uses a middle leg to
"rotate" when it is time to turn. Have fun building your walker....

Rich Thompson
http://www.marsrobot.com

-----Original Message-----
From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway@lugnet.com]On Behalf
Of Fredrik Glöckner
Sent: Monday, November 01, 1999 3:35 AM
To: lego-robotics@crynwr.com
Subject: Re: walker that turns?

lego-robotics@crynwr.com (Horacio J. Peña) writes:

Has somebody worked on a walker that could turn? Some ideas
of how to do it?

There are probably many ways for a walker to turn.  A simple one is the
"triple gait cycle hexapod", which can walk both forwards and backwards,
in addition to turning either way.

I have made a triple gait cycle hexapod based on the Cybermaster unit.
I haven't described how it can be programmed to turn, but it is probably
quite obvious:

    http://www.math.uio.no/~fredrigl/technic/cm-hexapod/

(If it isn't obvious, you can post a followup here and I'll explain how
it can be done.)

Fredrik