 CAD / 3073
Re: My first DAT file!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 23:27:54 GMT

John VanZwieten wrote ...
To answer your question about rotation steps:  a rotation step only rotates • the
camera angle for writing instructions (and only works for MLCad).  It's
different from the LDLite command "0 ROTATE" which actually rotates the
position of pieces in the model.  Since rotation step only applies to • camera
angles, it will have no effect on L3P or POV-Ray.

I think it is unfortunate that MLCad uses the same "0 ROTATE" command
as LDLite. Other parsers (like L3P :) may get confused. L3P can skip
0 ROTATE 180 0 0 REL
0 ROTATE 90 0 0 ABS
0 ROTATE 10 0 0 ADD
because the syntax is different from LDLite's, but
0 ROTATE END
is the exactly the same.

Quote from LDLite doc:
0 ROTATE angle_degrees axis_x axis_y axis_z
surrounded lines
0 ROTATE END
This command rotates all surrounded lines around the line through
the origin and the point (axis_x, axis_y, axis_z).
<end quote>

I suggest that Michael Lachmann uses e.g. ROTSTEP in stead of ROTATE.
/Lars