  *67670 (-100)
  Re: Datsville is filling up!

Lars C. Hassing wrote in message ... (...) You can grab a new beta v1.2 Win32 L3P32 at (URL) has room for 2000 different parts (DAT files). Be sure to try out the new STUDS flag in the POV-file to reduce rendering time during the test renderings. (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.cad)

  Debugging

I am developing a course at SJSU using the handyboard as the microcontroller for a competition being held at the end of the semester. This new course have us build the handyboard from scratch and go through the debugging process. I have help some (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  EXPLANATION FROM DYA

Hi Legofans, I give you explanation concerning the prices on DYA website. I suppose you live in different countries. In France and European Community, on account of customs laws, we pay the price with the french tax: it's the price T.T.C. (all (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shipping)

  EXPLANATION FROM DYA

Hi Legofans, I give you explanation concerning the prices on DYA website. I suppose you live in different countries. In France and European Community, on account of customs laws, we pay the price with the french tax: it's the price T.T.C. (all (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  EXPLANATION FROM DYA

Hi Legofans, I give you explanation concerning the prices on DYA website. I suppose you live in different countries. In France and European Community, on account of customs laws, we pay the price with the french tax: it's the price T.T.C. (all (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Mythical creatures was:Re: Pricing and stuff

(...) I've seen them too...Even talked to them down here in Vic.Unfortunately, you can't always believe what they say :-(, as I was told that this year we would probably be getting an Aus only range [Although there is still time] by a Lego rep at (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd)

  8001 Battledroid in UK

In case anyone is interested, I have just purchased an 8001 Battledroid in Toys 'R Us in Aberdeen for GBP 19.99. I guess that means that they are now generally available in the UK. Having just assembled the model I just have to ask "when are TLC (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: BT2 *mostly* bites (Was: Picture of Falcon?)

(...) I actually used to have a grey ball cap with the Space logo on it that I bought at a skate shop for $25. It was really cool, I have NO idea what happened to it though =/ Kya (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Blue Steep Sloped Corners

Richard Marchetti wrote in message ... (...) or (...) as (...) I'm not a space fan, but it could be this one: (URL) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: 4x2ReVu: 5918 Scorpion Tracker

(...) I enjoyed the model so much I bought two of them!!! (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: NELUG - Some things we learned while presenting at Mindfest

(...) I sincerely hope that you set him straight? Bratty kids usually grow up to be adult jerks. 'Course, in this situation the dad is probably as much if not more to blame than the kid... (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, lugnet.general)

  Re: Lego in the Onion!

(...) Whahahahaha! I received both the Lego and Lincoln Log ultimatums when I was a kid. (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Chicago Legofest

(...) As of now, it doesn't seem like there is a whole lot of interest in the event. I know it would *really* help if I knew how many people we were dealing with in GMLUG and especially how many live in Chicago. Chicago maniacs are not notorious for (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us, lugnet.org.us, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi)

  Re: Parts Pack Survey

(...) Who says you have to have bought the incredibly CRAPPY current service packs to have the right to complain about lack of bulk purchases? What on earth would the mostly stupid, over-priced poor selection packs do for me if I needed 1,000 tiles (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Parts Pack Survey

(...) 1. Pitchforks 2. Gray macaroni bricks 3. White macaroni bricks 4. Black macaroni bricks 5. Green macaroni bricks 6. White 1x2 tiles 7. Black 1x2 tiles 8. Red 1x2 tiles 9. Green 1x2 tiles 10. Yellow 1x2 tiles 11. Blue 1x2 tiles and so on... (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  FA(eBay): train platforms, tan baseplates and parts, MT windscreens, more...

4 train/dock platforms (URL) thick green bases 12x24x1 (URL) tan baseplates 16x32 (URL) Model Team 5x10x3 windscreens (URL) TAN parts w. clips or pins (URL) black 3x2 angled bricks (URL) tan 1x4x3 thinwalls (URL) black 1x4x3 thinwalls (URL) Email: (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Group to discuss Teaching Lego Robotics?? lugnet.robotics.teaching ???

(...) I was moved and motivated too -- and had a great time overall. (And I didn't even get to see half of everything!) (...) Hmm, so there was no panel "by educators, for educators" to discuss meta-topics? How about workshops? I missed the (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc, lugnet.admin.general)

  I've donated my body to sensors

I was really inspired by the Mindfest panelists Karen Wilkinsen and Mike Petrich who talked about using Galvanic Skin Response sensors. This is the measurement of skin resistance and how it changes with emotional state. I've started to experiment (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Interests in non-GNU C compiler for RIS?

Well, what I think (hope!) Richard means is... well... to start from scratch: The subsumption architecture is a way of thinking about programming robots. The idea is that you program lots of very small, simple modules that take simple inputs and (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Blue Steep Sloped Corners

I apologize if this is inappropriately posted to the wrong category. But I was wondering if anyone can identify the set that contains Ble Steep Sloped Corner pieces. These are approximately 2x2 at the base and 3 high, or 2x2x3. I could use about (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Expansion Board and Smooth PWM

Bill, after unzipping the files, copy all the downloaded drivers into your interactive C Libs directory. These drivers must reside in this directory (drive:\IC\Libs) in order for IC to load them at startup. You will be asked if you want to replace (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Parts Pack Survey

(...) I don't see how this is relative to the question asked? The fact that I have not ordered any parts packs proves that TLG does not offer anything that I wish to purchase. It does not determine if I have a right to complain about it or not. If (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  RCX 1.0 availablilty

This is a message I posted on RTL: Here is what I have observed so far: The RCX's in the plain 1.0 boxes all have power jacks. The RCX's in the 1.0 boxes with 1.5 upgrade stickers also have the jacks The RCX's in the 1.5 boxes do not have power (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: motor current trick

A couple of easy things that you can do to increase the current capabilities of the motor drivers are: (1) replace the L293Ds with SN754410 chips (available from Acroname), and (2) piggyback one H-bridge chip on top of the other to handle almost (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  RE: fast firmware downloader

(...) Count me in. I'm ditching the Tcl interface - it's just too damn goofy! A standard firmware downloader would be great - especially if it ran on all platforms. As far As I know, Dave Baum is the only guy here who has got a downloader for the (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: Dutch Auction Experiences

Scott-A wrote in message ... (...) ended (...) You should get a feedback point from each person who bought a Supercar (whether they will all leave feedback or not is something else). Dutch auctions have their drawbacks, but, all in all, they are (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: High praise for TLG after seeing 4288 bucket for first time

They actually did that a few years ago. The FreeStyle 'big red bucket' 4128 came with a dark gray brick seperator. This bucket has several macaroni bricks, two yellow baseplates, six of the large fence pieces and some other interesting parts. Oh, it (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: High praise for TLG after seeing 4288 bucket for first time

(...) This (...) already (...) Matthew Miller <mattdm@mattdm.org> wrote in article (...) Thanks for the very kind offer. I have several already, in both green and silver. :) I was really thinking of the kid who gets this bucket and doesn't yet have (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: fast firmware downloader

(...) If there's interest in a stand-alone firmware downloader running on the Mac, please let me know. I can certainly add the approriate quad-speed stuff into NQC, and can also make a stand-alone version if Mac users are using pbFORTH or something (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  motor current trick

I've got a great R/C track vehicle that I want to use as a robot chassis, problem is the 1 Amp motors. I was going to use Kam's suggestion, but then I saw the Sonar schematics. I noticed that the sonar schematics have power coming from the motor (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  Re: Group to discuss Teaching Lego Robotics?? lugnet.robotics.teaching ???

(...) have in (...) not the (...) I agree - a discussion group for teaching would be a very good thing. One of the highlights of my NQC workshops was when one kid excitedly ran up to me anxious to show me how he changed the program in the "exercise" (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Interests in non-GNU C compiler for RIS?

(...) Ahah! Now *that* is interesting to me. Obviously (as the legOS HOWTO maintainer), a gcc replacement doesn't really interest me, unless you have a reliable solaris->h8300 cross-compiler, in which case maybe we can talk :) However, I think I (as (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Sharp GP2D02 with out expansion board

Gary, Cool! Could you tell me how you wired it up? I'm a real beginner here and don't know exactly what you mean on that web page by: "This example assumes that port PA5 on the Handy Board was connected to the input of the GP2D02 detector and that (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.handyboard)

  #7835 Train: Manual Level Crossing, on Ebay, NIB and other NIB sets

All sets are new/sealed in box: ---...--- #7835 Manual Level Crossing, 1985, NIB (URL) Dark Dragon's Den, 1993 NIB (URL) Model Team: Blue Fury, 1995 NIB (URL) Unitron: Crater Cruiser, '95 NIB (URL) Unitron: Star Hawk II, '95 NIB (URL) RACE: Indy (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Lego in the Onion!

(URL) "News in Brief" item. (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: More Mindfest Tidbits

(...) More than it seems, I would guess. Just shipping would be negligable. However, there would be more costs - the production time lost to remove a mold from a molder, and again to re-install it; the lost throughput by taking down a machine to (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Is this true???

(...) No shots to fire. :) You posted in the perfect place -- the only thing I'd suggest beyond lugnet.general is crossposting to lugnet.service & lugnet.general, with followups set to one or the other...but it's hardly worth mentioning. --Todd (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Mindfest photos (was Re: Mindfest Questions)

(...) Workin' on this right now. There's a lot. Won't get done tonight. Probably will put stuff up tomorrow evening. (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: More Mindfest Tidbits

So how much does it cost to ship some molds to Enfield? Build On! John Matthews Ray Sanders <rsanders@gate.net> wrote in message news:3815C171.E7E205...ate.net... (...) bricks are (...) hurdle (...) that (...) problem (...) have (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  RE: Group to discuss Teaching Lego Robotics?? lugnet.robotics.teaching ???

Terry wrote (...) I'd like to participate in this too. I'm an engineer that has two kids in grade 2 and another starting K in two years. So I want to get things moving in the right direction up here too! Todd, how about it? A group for educators (or (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  RE: RIS1.5 scan

(...) Ummmm, Jesper. I think it's OK to post scans of a few pages like you did last week. The art direction for the new Constructopedia is great and your scans helped show that. Posting the whole Constructopedia is probably in contravention of (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Mechanical Motion Models

(...) Interesting site. Too bad the imagery isn't a little larger. <ICS> (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Group to discuss Teaching Lego Robotics?? lugnet.robotics.teaching ???

I will be teaching several 5th to 8th grade students how to build Lego-based Robots and how to program them in RcxCODE and NQC. We're located in Rural Vermont (!tm) in the NorthEast U.S. I was privileged to get to MindFest on Sunday at MIT, and (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc)

  Re: Lugnet Roll-call

Name: Peter James CALLAWAY Gender: Male Year of Birth: 1972 Mental Age/Status of Inner Child: 12 and active Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia (tune in for the Olympics!) E-mail Address: pcallaway@bmcl.com.au LEGO/home page URL(s): none yet Marital (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.people)

  Lego Jacket, Tote Bag and Keychain

Hey Guys, I just acquired several nifty items from a Lego employee I contacted through Email. I bought a Lego leather jacket, Lego tote bag and Silver Brick keychain from them. Was the silver brick keychain released to the public? Also, does anyone (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.promo)

  Re: Mindfest Questions

(...) Absolutely not! I think the fact that all of us so-called adults were wearing our inner child on our sleeves was part of the reason we were able to connect with the actual children on such an equal footing. I am always impressed by a child who (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  RE: Double echo

Sergey wrote: <Discussion of ECHO_ON ECHO_OFF snipped> (...) Personally, this is a BIG advantage. Users who do not have access to Tcl now have to deal with double respose characters. A simple ECHO_OFF at the beginning of their script and they now (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Dutch Shell Lego sets

I can still offer the complete range of Special Shell sets now available in Holland. These are the sets and the prices (excl shipping): Shell Pump station $18.50 Carwash $15.50 Shell Tanker Truck $9.25 Shell Select Shop $15.50 Ferrrari F1 Truck (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Scanning S@H catalogs is a B#$*^ !

Tom Stangl wrote in message <380F7F92.B921ECC1@n...pe.com>... (...) Stellar job by the way. I hope the effort doesn't discourage you from ding it again. (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Mechanical Motion Models

I came across the following link (URL) I thought may be useful to Technic and Mindstorms builders who are trying to incorporate various motion mechanisms into their models. A wide range of mechanisms are included including the less common ones such (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.build, lugnet.technic)

  McDonalds Info

Hey, just thought you guys would like to see the new sets. (Probably old news by now). Promo starts October 28 I think... See happytoy.com for pics of all the sets (Under What's Next) and Lego has a subpage (URL) Weston (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Mindfest Questions

(...) Not that childlike is bad. :) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Mindfest Questions

(...) I would like to second this comment. I have never seen such a gifted and cognizant group of children in a single place in my life. John V.Z. III alone was incredible! I actually didn't see any examples of the horrible behavior that is being (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Desperation sets in!!

Does anyone have two of the large spoked wheels from the 390-series sets that they would sell or trade for? I have 5 coming in a 390, but I need 2 others. I'll buy an entire set, but if anyone has them, please e-mail me at bearitone@my-deja.com And (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: Mindfest Questions

(...) I want it to be clear that the vast majority of the kids there were _awesome_. Very intelligent and mature. A lot of the "problem" people were in fact the so-called grown-ups. (...) There were keynotes. I was too sleepy for the main one, (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Mindfest Questions

(...) Cool. From hearing some of the rants about the childrens' behavior, I'm kinda glad I didn't have to deal with that stress concerning my models. If I came, I definitely would have brought a bunch.... (...) Nifty! (...) Were there any individual (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Kevin Loch's pictures from Mindfest.

The Sunday caps are up! KL (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Big Brother is Watching (and reading, too!)

Mike Poindexter wrote in message ... (...) too. (...) just (...) I (...) I would go for a 1000 2x6's at $0.06 @ piece ($60) if they were all black. :?) Ok, seriously, if they were a mix of black, blue, and yellow. I don't need red and white at the (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Parts Pack Survey

(...) Here is my list 1.light grey 1 x 2 x 2 train windows 2.light grey 1 x 2 x 4 train windows 3.light grey train doors with the red white and blue striping 4.black 1 x 2 corrugated bricks 5.grey train wagon bases (both sizes + drop down base) (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Some disturbing news

(...) If this happens use a minifig that has not been available for ages but that people want more of (a pirate fig for example) -- Jonathan Wilson wilsonj@xoommail.com (URL) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Is this true???

(...) to (...) here. (...) I know for a fact that light blue is ONLY available from Billund. The model shop actually had a hard time getting them, from what I hear. (Well, not as hard as I have, I am sure.) (...) I would have to say no, because they (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Launch of new site: SimiLego

(...) You bring up a good point, Kevin. What sort of layout is suitable for display purposes as well as accessibility? I think that in general you do not want to arrange your display tables more than 5 feet in depth. This allows for 2.5 feet access (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Is this true???

*** Todd I hope this post is in the right place. If not please don't hit me to hard. ;-) I've been looking through a service pack flyer I got in one of my boxes from S@H. It is not for the states but for Europe. I even called S@H to find out if I (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Mindfest Questions

<snip Mindfest facts> (...) I also plan on doing this. I have permission from Kevin Loch and Matthew Miller to use their pics along with my own plus others that people might let me use. Needless to say this is a lot of pics to go through. Hopefully (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Some disturbing news

(...) My first problem is that a vast majority of the service packs you guys talk about aren't available here at all. Our parts catalogue is a disgrace. My second problem is that a vast majority of the tubs and buckets you guys talk about aren't (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Parts Pack Survey

In lugnet.general, Eric Kingsley writes: <snip a bunch of stuff I wish existed> (...) On the note of that Star Wars bucket.. Has anyone heard anything about it? Wasn't it scheduled to be released in 2000? With all the new Star Wars stuff leaking (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Cramped city with a train and a monorail running through it soon. Need some help on how to do this.

I've made a track design on Track Designer. If anybody would like to get a view of what the city sort of looks like post here or email me:) and I'll send it to ya (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.town, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains)

  McDonald's LEGO Happy Meal program

I was just reading about the new Happy Meal program. How many McDonald restaurants do people guess there are? 5,000? 10,000? More? Just think. Some poor LEGO employees had to recreate/copy an 18" Ronald McDonald model made entirely of LEGO bricks (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Some disturbing news

(...) I was thinking more along the lines of a minifig with a noose around its neck swinging from a little Lego gallows. You're right, we need to get off our cyberbutts and do something. After my visit yesterday I wrote a long letter to the (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Mindfest Questions

(...) I think there were somewhere between three and five hundred people, about a third of them children. There were a couple dozen exhibits, mostly Mindstorms-based robots. Then, there were a large number of panels (five a day?) and also a lot of (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Parts Pack Survey

(...) Well for the record I have purchased 50 of the Gray Brick Packs this year along with about 10 other various service packs including Black Slopes and a number of Technic packs. If I could have a say in terms of what I would like to see in (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Parts Pack Survey

(...) Well here in Canada we have our own Shop@home for the moment. I purchased about $125 worth of Technic service packs a couple months ago. As some have stated, there are many problems with service packs. Many won't buy them, because they just (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Parts Pack Survey

Don't forget those of you asking for roof slopes - we need the peaks as well! There's nothing worse (well... nearly nothing <g>) than having lots of grey or tan slopes and no roof peaks to finish the %$#^%$^% roof! My top ten... 1. Train doors and (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: controlling RCX from PC?!

(...) This isn't a fix for the slow speed you're noticing, but: what about programming the RCX to take care of the low-level moving around -- the basic motion and testing of sensors -- and then just sending higher-level commands from your program. (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: S@H airplanes

I just ordered this set today (I missed the original post, still getting caught up). The sets were in stock. I only ordered one - I forgot all about the McDonalds freebie. -- Have fun! John Auctions and Trading and More at my Lego site: (URL) & (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: More Mindfest Tidbits

(...) It's hard to count pieces with frost bitten hands. As many of you think we have snow all year round, I can say this with a smile. :-) Yes, I am Canadian, but I'm faultless. I never sell any LEGO; at least not yet. <ICS> (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Last day - over 30 lots of LEGO bricks and parts on EBAY

Hello, I currently have over 30 lots of misc parts and bricks on Ebay - ending Wednesday. Many are still with no bids or run at opening price. Click here to see the details for items listed below: (URL) LEGO Tow Cranes with hooks 20 LEGO lt-gray (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: IntelliMouse Ripe for Hacking

Probably the first step would be to monitor the data sent from the mouse to the computer. I mean, if it is decoded by the driver or some other file, and it cannot be understood, then this project would instantly turn a lot harder. (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Interests in non-GNU C compiler for RIS?

(...) native H8 machine code, and that doesn't require a huge investment in time and disk space to install and configure. As I see it, there are already many development systems out there for free that are this simple to install and use, as long as (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: LegOS 0.2.0a multi-threading problem

Hi, yes, currently, you'll have to make main() your first function. version 0.2.1 will support arbitrary starting offsets. could you report about the stability of repeated program runs? if this works fine, I'll change the ON/OFF behaviour to (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Does anyone own the 6901 Mobile Lab?

(...) Wow, I for one have fond memories of that set. It was my first space set ever and propelled me into the vast world of outer space. Sadly... as many sets do, this one became parts to my other ships... but I remember exploring the moon's (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Some disturbing news

(...) Absolutely. Children benefit from adult guidance, support and assistance. With LEGO and most things, more in the beginning, less later on. It's also great quality time with your children. In my case it was my little brother, and now my nieces. (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Parts Pack Survey

(...) Well, I'm not in the US, but I've purchased something on the order of 200+ service packs in the last year or so. Mostly grey brick packs. (...) I can complain too (and I have been) - but I'd rather try and work out a solution that benefits (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: IR remote using PIC16F84

Hi Juha, There's information on cracking the Cybermaster protocol on my website including links to others who done the same for the Mindstom. CU Bert Lego robots and artificial intelligence (URL) bericht----- Van: Niinikoski Juha (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: RCX with AC power - Still Available

In a message dated 10/26/1999 2:54:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time, gasperi@alynk.com writes: << Yea, but they want something like $150 compared to $200 for a RCX and a whole lot of parts with the RIS. >> Wrong.....$120 and that is the same price as (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Parts Pack Survey

To all the people who are complaining about the lack of bulk purchases, how many people have put their money where there mouth is? How many people in the U.S. have purchased a service pack this past year? I know I have... so I can complain. If I (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Mike's Train and Launch Command Auction Update 8

Note: did avancement has begun today. 1. This is a Once, Twice, Sold auction. 2. To bid send email to mdarnett@nycap.rr.com. I will try to post updates daily. 3. Minimum raises: 0-$50 by $1, $50-$150 by $2, $150 and up by $5. No proxies please! 4. (...) (25 years ago, 27-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  controlling RCX from PC?!

all, i have a little program that controls the RCX from the PC. i know other people here have done that, so... my major problem is that signal round trip time is very high - it takes about 200 - 250 ms to send ONE command to the RCX (waiting for the (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Mindfest Questions

Since I was unable to attend, I do have a couple questions about the event: How large was it? Number of exibits, presenters? How big of a role did the NELUGgers/AFOL's have in the presentation? Any speakers? And nice pictures - but could someone go (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.general)

  Re: A few questions on NQC vs. VB

(...) Hi, Don't miss the opportunity to learn Forth! It's unique environment, it's just another world. :) Here is a history of Forth: (URL) Sergey Udovenko (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  LEGO Club memebership (was: Bluewater offers)

It's definitely worth joining. You get £5 off your entry to LEGOLAND Windsor every time you go, you get some occasional discounts, and you get club member only offers, like the new Darth Maul keychain (1). Jon. 1. Yep, Star Wars keychain 3 is out, (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  RE: RIS1.5 scan

If the last link shouldn't work - try this: (URL) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Broken 8448 Shocks

(...) Many people have mentioned broken air dampened shocks on the 8448. Is it just some of us? Or will it be most of us in time? I have heard that LEGO will replace the parts. Give them a call. Last night I also discovered both my air dampened (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.general)

  Re: 1592 Town Square

If you want my opinion, I will give it. I think 1592 is a Town set, but as a Castle-guy, since the first time I saw it, I knew I had to have it. Not all 1592s say Fish and Chips (see the German version). The stickers on the Castle walls say (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.castle)

  What do you do with your lego?

(...) I build (and play) with mine. Many creations get postponed due to lack of bricks. I take the bricks apart, but keep the design in my head. I keep an eye out for ways to accumulate the bricks I need. Buy/Sell/Trade is necessary in order to (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  RE: Book example code

I was looking for those files last night! Great book Jonathan... Rich Thompson (URL) Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...net.com]On Behalf Of Jonathan Knudsen Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 1999 2:34 PM To: (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics)

  Various Auctions that I have running

Duplo 2685 Water Park (URL) Duplo Building Plate (URL) Royal Drawbridge (URL) Crusisers 6493 Time Cruisers Ship (URL) Mystic Mountain TimeLab (URL) Knights 6097 Night Lords Castle (URL) Shark Attack (URL) Buckets 3027 System 601 pcs (URL) Duplo 71 (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: NELUG - Some things we learned while presenting at Mindfest

(...) Every time I do a show I wish I had some duct tape and dared to use it on unmonitored children. This last show in Maple Valley we had a more serious problem with a child, though. Unfortunately, I wasn't thinking fast enough to prevent him from (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.org.us, lugnet.general)

  Re: Double echo

Hi Ralph, (...) Yes, it works. After fighting for a while with Cygwin32 + binutils (it's still present a bug in linker configuration), finally I got the development environment. Your makefile works fine so it was very easy to get pbFORTH compiled. (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth)

  Re: What do you do with your lego?

(...) Muhahahahaahaa! *ahem* yes. (...) Occasionally, when the student life permits. (...) Of course! (...) When I can find the time - currently I'm working on a pirate diorama, at around 64x112 studs it's got a fort, a jungle (all my green pieces (...) (25 years ago, 26-Oct-99, to lugnet.loc.uk)

Skipped 12 messages in groups lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.admin.statistics, lugnet.off-topic.fun, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.off-topic.test (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact