 General / 9105
Re: More Mindfest Tidbits
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 02:11:38 GMT

So how much does it cost to ship some molds to Enfield?

Build On!

John Matthews

Ray Sanders <rsanders@gate.net> wrote in message
There seems to be a disparity between the costs of bricks in the bulk
tubs and parts in general. Bricks in bulk tub vary around 1.5 - 2 cents
each. In general set parts seem to cost 10 cents (or higher) per piece
on average.

<Speculation>

Could it be that Enfield only makes bricks ? Every box that I have
mentions "Contents made in DENMARK, SWITZERLAND AND USA". Are all the
special parts made in Europe ? The Duplo Toolo I have even says
"Contents made in SWITZERLAND & USA" (no mention of Denmark). Is it
possible that all the parts we want would have to be made in Europe ? If
so, then Enfield does not even have the molds.

</Speculation>

Ray

Eric Kingsley wrote:

C.  From what I was told, and I don't know much about where and how • bricks are
made, TLG does have the capability to do bulk orders but their biggest • hurdle
is to cut down shipping costs to make it worth while.  It seemed to me • that
they were saying that the parts are all manufactured in Europe and the • problem
resides in filling bulk orders and keeping shipping costs down.  Know I • have
no idea how much of this is true but this is what I understood from my
conversations.