 General / 9023
Re: More Mindfest Tidbits
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 14:57:56 GMT

There seems to be a disparity between the costs of bricks in the bulk
tubs and parts in general. Bricks in bulk tub vary around 1.5 - 2 cents
each. In general set parts seem to cost 10 cents (or higher) per piece
on average.

<Speculation>

Could it be that Enfield only makes bricks ? Every box that I have
mentions "Contents made in DENMARK, SWITZERLAND AND USA". Are all the
special parts made in Europe ? The Duplo Toolo I have even says
"Contents made in SWITZERLAND & USA" (no mention of Denmark). Is it
possible that all the parts we want would have to be made in Europe ? If
so, then Enfield does not even have the molds.

</Speculation>

Ray

Eric Kingsley wrote:

C.  From what I was told, and I don't know much about where and how bricks are
made, TLG does have the capability to do bulk orders but their biggest hurdle
is to cut down shipping costs to make it worth while.  It seemed to me that
they were saying that the parts are all manufactured in Europe and the problem
resides in filling bulk orders and keeping shipping costs down.  Know I have
no idea how much of this is true but this is what I understood from my
conversations.