 General / 9085
Re: Mindfest Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 26 Oct 1999 23:30:59 GMT

Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com> wrote:
How large was it?  Number of exibits, presenters?

I think there were somewhere between three and five hundred people, about a
third of them children.

There were a couple dozen exhibits, mostly Mindstorms-based robots. Then,
there were a large number of panels (five a day?) and also a lot of smaller
tutorial sessions.

How big of a role did the NELUGgers/AFOL's have in the presentation?  Any
speakers?

NELUG had an exhibit table, which, thanks to the cool SW stuff was quite
popular. No one from NELUG was on any of the panels, but a lot of LUGnet
people were.

And nice pictures - but could someone go through and add captions - esp so
people know who are in the people pictures?

Yes. I plan to. In fact, I'd be doing that right now if I weren't writing
this message. *grin*