 General / 9098
Re: Mindfest Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 01:08:12 GMT

In lugnet.general, Matthew Miller writes:
Tim Courtney <tim@zacktron.com> wrote:
How large was it?  Number of exibits, presenters?

I think there were somewhere between three and five hundred people, about a
third of them children.

Cool.  From hearing some of the rants about the childrens' behavior, I'm kinda
glad I didn't have to deal with that stress concerning my models.  If I came,
I definitely would have brought a bunch....

There were a couple dozen exhibits, mostly Mindstorms-based robots. Then,
there were a large number of panels (five a day?) and also a lot of smaller
tutorial sessions.

Nifty!

How big of a role did the NELUGgers/AFOL's have in the presentation?  Any
speakers?

NELUG had an exhibit table, which, thanks to the cool SW stuff was quite
popular. No one from NELUG was on any of the panels, but a lot of LUGnet
people were.

Were there any individual speakers or even recognition or introductions?  Or
was it more like a fair and just had exhibits and the people pretty much stuck
by them...?

And by any chance was Matt Chasse there?  He's the TLG rep for the Chicago
area.  I just talked to him on the phone yesterday concerning borrowing
company bricks for an event - and he mentioned he was out of town for two
weeks.  Since he's moving to CT soon, he most likely could have been there.  I
met him at a Lego expo at a toy store a couple months back.

And nice pictures - but could someone go through and add captions - esp so
people know who are in the people pictures?

Yes. I plan to. In fact, I'd be doing that right now if I weren't writing
this message. *grin*

:)

I really really hope I get to come to Enfield in Jan, that means that I'll
spend some time in Boston with yall and finally get to meet yas :)

-Tim