 General / 9100
Re: Mindfest Questions
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 01:32:02 GMT

In lugnet.general, Matthew Miller writes:
I want it to be clear that the vast majority of the kids there were
_awesome_. Very intelligent and mature.

A lot of the "problem" people were in fact the so-called grown-ups.

I would like to second this comment.  I have never seen such a gifted and
cognizant group of children in a single place in my life.  John V.Z. III alone
was incredible!  I actually didn't see any examples of the horrible behavior
that is being relayed here.  I only saw remarkably mature children the entire
weekend.  (And remarkably childlike adults!)

Well, I can't say that completely.  At one point, other obligations forced me
to leave my robotics exhibit unattended for an hour or so, and when I got back,
it had obviously been messed with.  But not a single brick was missing, and
after a few minutes of repair, everything was back to normal.  Given the
atmosphere of chaos that reigned at MindFest, I was amazed that my RCX was
still on the table when I returned.

I cannot imagine where they found such a cool crowd.