 General / 9093
Re: Is this true???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 00:56:20 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jodi Neal writes:
*** Todd I hope this post is in the right place.  If not please don't hit me • to
hard.  ;-)

I've been looking through a service pack flyer I got in one of my boxes from
S@H.  It is not for the states but for Europe.  I even called S@H to find out
if I could order some of the packs out of it, and I was told, "sorry No."

I then went to the Lego web site and looked around and sure enough, it seems
that they can't get some of the ones we get here.  Like #5215 the green brick
set, or any of the other 62 piece brick sets in ANY color.  No roof packs, no
windows or door packs, or the black plate set.

It does seem that they can get some belville and scala packs we don't get • here.

Anybody know this to be true for sure???

And now for the real thought.  Could it be that we can't get the non basic 6
colors here in the states because they aren't produced here?  The special
colors are only made in the Denmark plant.  And in the states they make the
basic colors.

I know for a fact that light blue is ONLY available from Billund.  The model
shop actually had a hard time getting them, from what I hear.  (Well, not as
hard as I have, I am sure.)

Can anybody in Europe get a hold of the blue 3033 tub?  Do they sell it over
there?  How about the other basic tubs we are fond of over here in the
states???

All our requests for bulk special colors may not be falling on deaf ears, it
might be that Lego Enfield can't make what we want, because they don't get the
materials to make them with.

I would have to say no, because they won't supply us with what they can make,
either.  I have yet to see them supply people with white windows, green roof
bricks, etc.  Just because they don't produce an item at all doesn't mean they
would sell it to you if they did.

Mike "my model is half unfinished" Poindexter