 Robotics / RCX / NQC / 206
RE: Group to discuss Teaching Lego Robotics?? lugnet.robotics.teaching ???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.nqc
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 02:12:56 GMT

Terry wrote

So, where should this discussion continue??  I do not find the group I have in
mind on any current forum I know about.  It's not really bit.listserv.edtech
OR k12.ed.tech OR k12.ed.comp which are very Education oriented.  It's not the
broadbased comp.robotics.misc (although there is an occasional education
question there).  And there is no LUGNET group I see with "educat*" or
"teach*" or "school" in it.  So, how about:

lugnet.robotics.teaching

I'd like to participate in this too. I'm an engineer that has two kids in
grade 2 and another starting K in two years. So I want to get things
moving in the right direction up here too!

Todd, how about it? A group for educators (or those who would like to
volunteer their time in the classroom) that discusses the future of education,
how LEGO might fit in, and other ideas that DON'T involve high-tech solutions
to the education system as it is.

The "last twitch of the dying dragon" is now!

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

The train stops at the train station,
The bus stops at the bus station,