 General / 50587
Re: Holy Mackerel! LEGO survey...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Wed, 20 Apr 2005 02:32:26 GMT

* Would you buy LEGO toys for children 0-11? Y/N
Yes

* Why / Why not?
For my son, because he will inherit my collection.  For others, because I think
it is a good toy, and between lego.com, bricklink and other sites I know where
the deals are.

* What feature(s) would you add if you were the marketing director of LEGO?
Probably more advertising focusing on the expandability, interchangability of
the sets and lines, with subtle marketing to collect them all (like Bionicle,
castle).  The fact that lego can be an action hero line, construction bricks,
toy cars. models, etc.  You are a boom economy business though, which is tough.

* How would you change existing LEGO products if you wanted to sell them for
more money?
I do think there is a general feeling that your products are already sold at a
premium price.  If you continue to make good quality, well designed, playable
sets then I will buy them for your asking price.  I also think a bonus bag of
pick a bricks was a good idea.

* What new products would you launch?
More vintage style town sets.  Also more Star Wars figure packs.  Those are my
favorites, but I don't see those helping with your market share.  I would guess
bionicle and the castle stuff are probably your biggest moneymakers.

* What should LEGO be doing that it isn’t now?
I can only really tell you that for me, if you were to offer vintage sets for a
reasonable price, you would have more of my money.