 General / 50586
Re: Religious Fish! LEGO survey...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Tue, 19 Apr 2005 22:38:50 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jake McKee wrote:

  • Would you buy LEGO toys for children 0-11? Y/N

Not at this time.

  • Why / Why not?

Because I am afraid that IMHO the themes are too specific and not enough of the Basic type brick/plate system functionality that brought me into the Lego world exists today. Plus let’s face it - even Lego can not complete with the short attention span of most children today and the vast amount of electronic diversions that exist, i.e. video games, DVD’s, PCs, online chatting, etc.

  • What feature(s) would you add if you were the marketing director of LEGO?

A return to core Basic and System sets and a corresponding reduction in endless theme diversity.

  • How would you change existing LEGO products if you wanted to sell them for

More use of basic pieces and less use of a special piece when 3 or 4 could accomplish the same thing. I liked that part of it a lot when I was a kid and it helped me enjoy the sets longer I believe since it made for more variety out of the box when making alternative models, both of my own design and what was shown on the back of the box.

These are just the ramblings of an old man who fondly remembers asking for Lego Basic and System sets for gifts on holidays and being really excited to rip open the boxes and start building them even before I was finished opening up the rest of my presents. :-)

Bob