 LEGO Company / 3341
Re: Holy Mackerel! LEGO survey...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.color
Date:
Sun, 17 Apr 2005 09:32:57 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jake McKee wrote:

* Would you buy LEGO toys for children 0-11? Y/N

Yes.

* Why / Why not?

Despite of the "blay-desaster" it is still one of the best toys on market.

* What feature(s) would you add if you were the marketing director of LEGO?

More products like the designer sets.
More spare parts.
More lines that last for more than 2 years. (As town and castle did in the
80ies)

* How would you change existing LEGO products if you wanted to sell them for
more money?

Return to quality as known in the 60ies, 70ies and 80ies. Put more bricks into
one product, but keep the elements more basic (and so cheaper in production
costs).

* What new products would you launch?

The products are quite perfect (designer sets + shop at home products are 100%
perfect) (only the colours are no longer useful...)

* What should LEGO be doing that it isn’t now?

Change back to old colours and old quality standards. Do not break given
promises. Try to act after old Ole's statement: "Only the best is good enough
for our children". Keep the LEGO world free from violence - our kids do not need
that in their children's room.

Thanks for listening.

Ben