 General / 50553
Re: Holy Mackerel! LEGO survey...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Sun, 17 Apr 2005 12:48:20 GMT

* What should LEGO be doing that it isn’t now?
(This may not be popular as it appears to act against the interests of AFOLs)

Acting to stop so much Lego ending up at Sale prices. Argos were chucking the
Technic Backhoe out at something like £27.99.  Presumably they were still making
some profit at that level.  In the long term as people become confident that
sets will end up discounted they will stop buying high-cost sets at release -
this is a vicious circle.  You do this not by punishing stores but by setting
the right RRP at the start.

(I hope people can see that the long term benefit of the company staying afloat
and the ability to get all sets at a reasonable price is a good reason to
encourage this)
I actually aggree with this.
Over the years I have been buying lego, I have bought many sets on sale. I
have actually bought things on sale that I would never have paid full price
for. Case in point is the 4479 Tie Bomber. I would like to get a copy (for
the classic light and dark greys) but at full price, it just isnt good value.