 General / 50547
Re: Holy Mackerel! LEGO survey...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Sun, 17 Apr 2005 08:59:22 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jake McKee wrote:
* Would you buy LEGO toys for children 0-11? Y/N
Yes.

* Why / Why not?
For the same reasons I buy it for myself: It's a quality & fun product that
encourages creativity and thinking.

* What feature(s) would you add if you were the marketing director of LEGO?
As a fan of LEGO Technic, I'd say: more "features" - more things moving and
acting like the real-world objects.

* How would you change existing LEGO products if you wanted to sell them for
more money?
As an adult costumer I'd willingly pay more money for "better" sets:
sets that are more intricate, have more pieces and above all have more technic
features.

* What new products would you launch?
I'd release a new "super car" with more features than the previous ones:
Differential lock, Brakes, Hand brake, Clutch and of course gear box, engine,
4x4 power & steering etc...

I also would love to see a bigger motorcycle set with a leg operated gear box
and hand operated brakes (that really work).

An analog clock set would be huge.
A sewing machine set could be very interesting.

* What should LEGO be doing that it isn’t now?
All my ideas are true for Israel:
Take care to  separate themselves from the competition, as it is now the LEGO
products sit on the shelf with the competition, but the price is much higher.
Generally people refer to both as "LEGO" and are not aware of the difference in
quality and features.

Also, the pricing in Israel is appalling.
There is no good reason why it's cheaper for me to pay someone in the US to buy
sets for me and ship them to Israel via air mail (and pay tax) rather then buy
it in a toy store in Israel.  The result of that is that people in Israel barely
buy LEGO.

Thanks again, everyone. This incredible response has made my week.

Jake
Thanks Jake!!!

- David