 General / 50554
Re: Holy Mackerel! LEGO survey...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Sun, 17 Apr 2005 12:57:00 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jake McKee wrote:

* Would you buy LEGO toys for children 0-11? Y/N

   Yes

* Why / Why not?

   Fantastic way to develop both a childs imagination & mechanical sense (in
these days of electronic games), as well as at the young end of the range fine
motor skills. Also, an awful lot of fun for parents & children to play together.

* What feature(s) would you add if you were the
marketing director of LEGO?

   Simple Technic incorperated into models (the Harry Potter mechanical clock
tower, for instance).

* How would you change existing LEGO products if
you wanted to sell them for more money?

   Hmm... more flexibility, with for insatance more alternative models per set?
Tough question, actually.

* What new products would you launch?

   Mindstorms upgrade (with more significant contests/challenges right in the
box) for the older (OK, and adult) end of the spectrum. Continue the
designer-type series for a younger age bracket, perhaps leaning more toward
"town" style where multiple models integrate naturally into a large-scale theme.

* What should LEGO be doing that it isn’t now?

   When I can succeffully run a privately-held company for generations while
producing some of the highest quality products in the target market, *then* I'll
feel qualified to answer that question.
   If this was a couple of years ago, I'd say "market analysis via surveys or
more focus groups" - but there my suggestion is a tad behind the marketing
department.

Thanks again, everyone. This incredible response has made my week.

   Thank you, Jake! This may have made your week, but your response in this and
other forums, particularly *on a weekend* when the rest of us *AREN'T* working,
has made the week for me and I'm sure many others.

--
Brian Davis