 General / 50527

Subject:
Holy Mackerel! LEGO survey...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Sat, 16 Apr 2005 15:14:40 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

All,

I know that some of you have attempted to fill out the survey announced
yesterday  on LEGOfan.org, only to be turned away with a message about the
survey being complete.

After some late night phone calls and early morning emails, I've been to figure
out what's up.

Basically, because of the way the survey was created through a third party,
there is a hard cap set for the number of surveys that can be completed.
(Basically, we're charged a fee per completed survey, and thus have to set a
budget with the third party developer).

Within hours, that hard cap was reached, and the survey automatically shut down.
Since it's the weekend, and most of my colleagues aren't easily accessible, I'll
have to check on the actual number that is the hard cap. I know for sure that
it's no less than 500. WOW.

If you're still interested in helping out, my colleague running this data
collection effort has asked me to post the questions below for feedback. She'll
manually include this in the results as well. Feel free to answer them in line
or email them to me.

Thanks so much everyone for showing that the AFOLs are a force to be reckoned
with!

* Would you buy LEGO toys for children 0-11? Y/N
* Why / Why not?

* What feature(s) would you add if you were the marketing director of LEGO?

* How would you change existing LEGO products if you wanted to sell them for
more money?

* What new products would you launch?

* What should LEGO be doing that it isn’t now?

So dangerous questions, to be sure, but the office of the CEO has asked them, so
you know the responses will be listened to!

Thanks again, everyone. This incredible response has made my week.

Jake
---
Jake McKee
Community Liaison
LEGO Community Team

Re: Holy Mackerel! LEGO survey...
Basically, because of the way the survey was created through a third party,
there is a hard cap set for the number of surveys that can be completed.
(Basically, we're charged a fee per completed survey, and thus have to set a
budget with the third party developer).

Within hours, that hard cap was reached, and the survey automatically shut down.

Thanks for letting us know what happened so soon, Jake. :-)

Since it's the weekend, and most of my colleagues aren't easily accessible, I'll
have to check on the actual number that is the hard cap. I know for sure that
it's no less than 500. WOW.

WHOA!  This is great! :-D

Thanks again,

-- Nathan Wells