 General / 50533
Re: Holy Mackerel! LEGO survey...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Sat, 16 Apr 2005 20:43:05 GMT

* Would you buy LEGO toys for children 0-11? Y/N

Yes!

* Why / Why not?

Because Lego is more than 'one toy'. With enough imagination You can build
anything, play with it, and then build something else. Try to do that with
'Action Man' (or whatever)

Because Lego keeps it's value. The bricks don't 'get old', they are the same
(even if new types come all the time the *idea* of building bricks is the
same).

* What feature(s) would you add if you were the marketing director of
LEGO?

I don't really understand the question, but what my 6 year old daughter is
missing is *more* inspiration booklets. She doesn't have the
imagination/experience yet to build very much free-hand, but she loves to
build from the instructions in the booklets (I just bought a red pod to us
each, and we've been playing quite a lot with the limited set of parts
yesterday and today).

* How would you change existing LEGO products if you wanted to sell them
for more money?

I don't understand the question. Do you mean: "How to get people to pay even
more for the same thing?" If so, I'd say it's hopeless. Lego is already on
the expensive side.

* What new products would you launch?

More in the Designer line, more steps in the price ladder so I can find a
set for every occasion.

Model Team? Buildings?

* What should LEGO be doing that it isn’t now?

Stop juniorization. It eats into the core idea of building bricks that can
be used in millions of ways. It gives the impression that Lego is just
another 'plaything', instead of a *system* of bricks.

--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
BlockCAD:  http://web.telia.com/~u16122508/proglego.htm