 General / 50532
50531  |  50533
Subject:
LEGO changes the Minifig helmet again?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 16 Apr 2005 20:12:11 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

I'm looking for some independant confirmation on something I just discovered.
Has anyone else already pointed this out?

I was playing around with a KK2 Knight, specifically the red one, putting his
visor on some different colored helmets, when I noticed the visor was deforming.

It would appear that the KK2 helmets (not the visor, but the base helmet) has a
thinner and more streamlined chinstrap than the other versions in my collection.
Can anyone confirm this?

My red visor just doesn't fit on the older style helmets without deforming.
Now, my red visor is all floppy on the helmet it originally belonged because
it's been warped.

If I'm not imagining this, anyone have a clue when the change took place?

First LEGO came out with the classic minfig helmet with a thin chinstrap.  Then
they redesigned it with the reenforced chinstrap.  Then LEGO came out with the
motorcycle style Minifig helmet. And now apparently they've gone and gone back
to a thinner chinstrap?

Odd.

--Anthony