 General / 50569
Re: Holy Mackerel! LEGO survey...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Mon, 18 Apr 2005 14:36:48 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jake McKee wrote:
[snip background story]

WOW, indeed. :)

If you're still interested in helping out, my colleague running this data
collection effort has asked me to post the questions below for feedback. She'll
manually include this in the results as well. Feel free to answer them in line
or email them to me.

OK.

Thanks so much everyone for showing that the AFOLs are a force to be reckoned
with!

Thanks to you and your colleague for being willing to manually collate our
input!

* Would you buy LEGO toys for children 0-11? Y/N

* Why / Why not?

LEGO toys are positive, facilitating action and creativity in the people who
play with them.  They are high-quality in nearly every aspect, including
production, instruction design and printing, durability, and the long-term
compatibility of the 'system'.

* What feature(s) would you add if you were the marketing director of LEGO?

More construct-o-pedia features in the instructions.

* How would you change existing LEGO products if you wanted to sell them for
more money?

Add more high-value parts -- parts that are currently rare (or rare in certain
colors), but very useful for building.  Such as corner roof tiles, inverse
high-slope bricks, etc.  In some cases, increasing the availability of certain
rare parts will increase the value of related (but more common) parts.

Add more parts.  Maintain or improve the parts-to-price ratio.

More plates!

* What new products would you launch?

Minifig-scale Bionicle sets.
Product lines targetted at toy stores/educational stores.  Such as non-gendered
home & town sets in the System range.

* What should LEGO be doing that it isn’t now?

For me?  I can't think of anything off the top of my head.  Sorry.  When it
comes to me, I'll let you know. ;)

Steve