 General / 50588
50587  |  50589
Subject:
If you could wish for any single Lego element, what would it be?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 20 Apr 2005 05:05:41 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Things are a little slow (besides the survey's), so I thought I would start a
new thread.

OK, say TLG came up to you and said that they would make one single mold of any
part that you wanted.  But only one part, and only in one color.  And it would
be sold to the public as well.  What would that part be?

Originally I thought about a window (cuz we all know that there are currently
some many varieties to choose from), but then I thought about something that
would be juniorized to the max (otherwise it would have to be 3 parts).  Folks
have seen the 2x2x11 column bricks, produced for a few years.  With that part as
an inspiration, I would love to see a WHITE 2x2x11 Corinthian column.  It would
have a classic Greek base, a "fluted" (with ridges) column, and a Corinthian top
(the fancy one with all the Acanthus leaves).  With a bunch of those (heavily
juniorized) columns, with low slope bricks (for the roof), and plenty of white
tiles for the floor and all the steps, one could make an awesome Greco-Roman
temple similar to the Parthenon, or the even larger (but now destroyed) Temple
of Ephesus (of the 7 Wonders of the World), or the Temple at Nimes in southern
France.

This one piece could spawn a whole new "System" of Lego building, namely Classic
Greek and Roman Architecture.  (Of course a "fluted" Ionic column and a
"non-fluted" Doric column would be even more spectacular.)

For those who haven't seen it, Erik Wilson's Acropolis Contest of Greek and
Roman buildings about 7 years ago is great sourse of what "could be", if TLG
ever decided to launch a theme in Classical Antiquity.  Check out the website
(of course yours truly had an entry :-).

http://itsa.ucsf.edu/~erikred/brick/classic/ancient.html

The amazing thing about these entries is that they were made before we ever had
the benefit of buying from Bricklink.

What would be your Lego part wish?

Gary Istok