 Trains / 21263 (-100)
  Re: Stability of cars/rails?

(...) Here's a thought: Make a single "rail" out of 1x2 bricks, curved to the diameter you want. Build a wheeled support for your camera with a groove in it that lets you slide it along the bricks. Or (and I know this is blasphemous and all) buy (...) (21 years ago, 14-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Stability of cars/rails?

(...) Both ideas would work excellently for an external 360-degree pan, but once again I forgot to mention one thing: the subject is in the middle. To clarify: I'm doing a film where I have a cardboard "valley" full of sand. I want to do a pan all (...) (21 years ago, 13-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Stability of cars/rails?

(...) wow, that's getting complicated. how about a 12v motor, at the center, with a platform built onto it. you get stability (by removing the bogey aspect), and simplicity. if need be, i can post a mockup, but somehow i don't see this as a problem (...) (21 years ago, 13-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Stability of cars/rails?

(...) So you want to mount a camera on a flatbed and put it on a circle? If so you might want to make an arm that goes into the center, and put some weight on it and a single wheel or even one of those boat "glider pads" round 2*2 under it (as in (...) (21 years ago, 13-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  ParLUGment to Display at Railfair 26, Ottawa, Canada

Hello, The Ottawa LEGO club ParLUGment is pleased to announce our first local showing in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. On October 18th and 19th, we will be displaying a 16' x 9' LEGO Train layout at Railfair 26. The show is at Algonquin College near (...) (21 years ago, 13-Oct-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment) !

  Re: Stability of cars/rails?

(...) There is also one thing I forgot to mention when I made the original post...I'm not doing realtime filming. I'm doing stop-motion. Therefore the need for a wobbleless system is even greater. Also, to make it harder, I cannot trigger the camera (...) (21 years ago, 13-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DD45m prototype CAD

Simple response: Looks good. I'd like closer looks at those CAD files (some detail can't be made out). -Tom (...) (21 years ago, 13-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  DD45m prototype CAD

Just wanting a simple responce on my DD45m prototype CAD's I'm starting work in the morning on the real one... (real as in Lego) (URL) (21 years ago, 13-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Stability of cars/rails?

If you took the monorail and ran it at 4.5 volts (to slow it down), you might get a very wobble free ride..... but I haven't tested it. -Tom (...) (21 years ago, 13-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Blain's Farm & Fleet 26% off Lego

Enough trash talking. William, Lar, you have some very nice tractors, and I'm sure all the kids at your shows will have lots of fun mishandling them. You've got yours designed for maximum detail, the ERTL models are more about getting the shape with (...) (21 years ago, 13-Oct-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Blain's Farm & Fleet 26% off Lego

(...) Well I wish you'd give it another thought, because if you don't bring it out soon, I'm going to have to crib from it, mine (MTW-5001) are a lot smaller! I like it a lot and I think it's worth 50 easy. Your tractor rocks... and theirs... well, (...) (21 years ago, 13-Oct-03, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Schnabel car

Well, if you are going to do it, you might as well do it LARGE! I would imagine even the full scale units have certain radii curves they can't negotiate. This is just another one of those reasons we need different radii curves from TLC!!! The 12 (...) (21 years ago, 12-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Stability of cars/rails?

(...) Agreed, and I even take advantage of the wobble in MTW-1003 to good effect, however in this case the original poster is looking for a jitter free way to do circular pans with a camera, so wobble is not his friend in this application. ++Lar (21 years ago, 12-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Schnabel car

I failed to mention that I will probably be making a second model. It'll be a different style and the color sceme will be grey, blue, and red. I'd say the only part limitations was only because I didn't have them in my collection, not because they (...) (21 years ago, 12-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Schnabel car

(...) Color me jealous, this has been on my to-do list for a while, I even got as far as trying to mock up the multi-truck bridge bogies in MLCad. They get tall FAST. Why the 20 axle one, though? I'm thinking one of the other ones you can get to (...) (21 years ago, 12-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MOC: Schnabel car

Nice model, I think you've captured the shape well and you've found a lot of photos of the real thing! I'm assuming part limitations is the reason that you didn't use the real color scheme, I can't help feeling it would have looked better. Are you (...) (21 years ago, 12-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Stability of cars/rails?

But the wobble is realistic in a way. if you watch a slow moving train, rolling along, it sways side to side a little bit, this is because it is almost imppossible & un-needed to have the track PERFECTLY level, unless of course you're speaking of (...) (21 years ago, 12-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  MOC: Schnabel car

6 wide x 112 long with 20 axles. Schnabel cars are the brutes of the train world and this one isn't the largest! They carry large loads; this one was loosely modelled after a 20 axle owned bt ABB Power Generation. The real model can carry 1,000,000 (...) (21 years ago, 12-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Stability of cars/rails?

(...) They wobble a little, but if the track is level and you're going in a circle (not going straight part of the time) at a constant speed you may not get any wobble at all. Cars that use two trucks (and thus sit on bogie plates <part:4092> are (...) (21 years ago, 12-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Stability of cars/rails?

Hello all, Being new to this list I hope you'll forgive me if I'm asking a stupid question. It's late and I've had absolutely no prior experience with trains period. :) My question (of course I have a question! You didn't think I'd actually have (...) (21 years ago, 12-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cough (was Polish tram 105n CAD model)

(...) Preview, man, preview!!! And you call yourself a <cough> moder^H^H^H^H^Hcurator <cough>.... (...) But then we all thought off-topic.test.foo would only be funny once too.... ROSCO FUT: .off-topic.test.foo (21 years ago, 12-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.test.foo, FTX)

  Re: UPDATED: BayLUG to Show at Sacramento LEGO Tour Stop

(...) As a reminder the event is today, tomorrow and Sunday. KCRA in Sacramento had a news report on it-- they challenged a master builder, Kurt Zimmerle, to build the Tower Bridge (a local landmark) in 90 minutes-- in time to show it at the end of (...) (21 years ago, 11-Oct-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Re: Polish tram 105n CAD model

(...) Well, I have an idea how to motorize the bogie, but there's a problem with train wheels, I'll probably have to use Technic wheels instead. (...) Yes, it ain't easy. -- shgg. (21 years ago, 10-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Polish tram 105n CAD model

(...) i'd be very interested to see what you come up with -- i've been trying to figure out a good way to motorize the small train wheels for models of the local light rail and street cars, but have had a problem coming up with ideas. i'd love to be (...) (21 years ago, 9-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: GFLTC at the H & R Show News...

(...) this event a few years ago and had a great time. I hope I am able to attend again next Spring. LMK when they announce the dates! [JOHN] (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Polish tram 105n CAD model

(...) That would be tough... fit the 9V motor instead of 6 studs long bogie... I'll try :) shgg. (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Polish tram 105n CAD model

(...) Thanks! (...) The problem is not width of the windshield, but its side slopes... I was trying to make them somehow, but I gave up. shgg. (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: GFLTC at the H & R Show News...

(...) Wow. Congratulations. Another feather (or 3) in your cap! Especially winning the Model Railroader of the year award, clearly you've done a LOT to promote the LEGO train hobby, for many years now and this is a nice bit of recognition. As far as (...) (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Cough (was Polish tram 105n CAD model)

(...) No such thing... that's just me displaying my FTX ignorance. Remember Saturday Nite Live? They have a bit where someone would surround a snide remark or supposedly secret bit of info or opinion with "cough" ... I wanted to show it that way (as (...) (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Cough (was Polish tram 105n CAD model)

(...) whats with the cough sub-group? tim (I know the MTW-3001 is your streetcar set) (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  GFLTC at the H & R Show News...

Train Fans, The members of the Greater Florida LEGO Train Club had a great time one again at the H & R Train Show (www.hrtrains.com). We had the best part of the tent and the weather was great. The crowds were the biggest in years too... Here is a (...) (21 years ago, 8-Oct-03, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.fl, lugnet.org.us.gflug)

  Re: Lego 611 & T-6

(...) Thanks, the T-6 needs a new roof and fuel tank. I wish they could make lego trains for MSTS. (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Log Cabin on the water front

(...) A very nice solution to a tricky problem. I had the same basic idea a few months ago, but couldn't figure out a good way to get windows and doors the right way up, nor a good way to get the cross effect at the corners. You've solved, or neatly (...) (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Station

(...) If/when I do a revision, I may try to make a removable roof. The interior was kind of fun, but it's not very true-to-life. I couldn't remember enough details when I was working on the model. I'll have to stop by again and poke around some (...) (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Station

(...) Unfortunately, I do not have a scanner, nor a digital camera. The real station's colors are a bit different; sort of a light orange-brown color. I tried doing it in brown but it looked too dark. The tan color was sort of a compromise. Also, (...) (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Polish tram 105n CAD model

(...) I thought it was nifty. I like your color scheme better than the prototype photo you showed! (but then <cough> (MTW-3001)<cough> I'm partial to red with white windows... more than the other way round) I wonder if there's a way to make the (...) (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Polish tram 105n CAD model

(...) Only as old (young?) as me then, I did wonder when I started writing! (...) Next callenge is to motorise it!! Tim (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: DCC reversing loops

(...) more. Has this info moved? I'm getting 404s... thanks! (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Station

(...) I did think that some of the suggestions made elsewhere (particularly Greg's suggestion to extend the base a bit, and Jan's ideas about lighting, it seems a bit dark to me) in the thread might help make the rendering more visually attractive (...) (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Polish tram 105n CAD model

(...) Well, these trams aren't so old, the production of 105n started in 1975. (...) Thanks, I'm glad you like it. The folder is public now, I've uploaded picture of real 105na, so you can compare my model with the original. (URL) -- shgg. (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  UPDATED: BayLUG to Show at Sacramento LEGO Tour Stop

For Immediate Release Contact: Russell Clark rclark@telis.org 408.605.5412 (cell) UPDATE: The location and times have changed. Please see below for new information. SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, CA - The Bay Area LEGO Users Group (BayLUG) and the Bay Area (...) (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Station

(...) Tiles aren't that hard anymore... light+dark grey can be gotten by parting out Santa Fe's, or the new skater series. Red is available from S@H. And there's always Bricklink :D (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Polish tram 105n CAD model

(...) Nic model, captures the feel of 50s trams (I've just typed that but is it fifties?) I like the doors and the ends, I think the ends have worked really well, they are always difficult on trams where the sides slope inwards. I can just picture (...) (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Lego 611 & T-6

(...) I think youv'e got the loook pretty well considering you've used mainly basic bricks. The steamer is better in my opinion, the diesel looks a bit generic (still good tho) but then I don't know the real thing, my knowledge of US diesels is (...) (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Station

(...) Duh!!!...!!! I'm such a dork! That's *BOB HAYES*'s AEM-7!!! Sorry Bob! Before I wrote that post I was checking out Walt May's cool collection of locomotive MOCs and I must of had that on the brain: (URL) only thing I can say is Hayes and May (...) (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Station

(...) could look at? This looks like an interesting interpretation, and since it is based on a real life model, a comparision would be nice. Also, when can we expect some renderings? I'm sure if you aren't too familiar with it, many people inclusing (...) (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Station

(...) this one: (URL) against 4513, it does look like a fun set) I like the color choice. Cool that you added interior details. My $0.02... since you gave it four walls you might want to make the roof easily removable to get figs in and out. Now you (...) (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Introducing JetRed

(...) No, I'd just have a lot of LEGO ;-) -Tim xfut -> .o-t.fun (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Train Station

I've been playing around with MLCad a bit, and have attempted to model the Amtrak terminal in Mt. Pleasant, IA. The images are a bit rough, but please let me know what you think. I've also posted the MPD file. (New to Brickshelf, hope I've got the (...) (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Introducing JetRed

(...) I totally agree with Tim. Either i do not value recognition then critics and no reply are not a problem. Or i value recognition, then obviously if it has a value it also has a cost. When facing the same problem as you i made my choice (i do (...) (21 years ago, 7-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Polish tram 105n CAD model

Hello, I'd like to show you my new CAD model, 105n series tram. These trams were pretty popular in Poland, but now they are replaced with newer constructions. They were used in almost all major Polish cities, this one is in 80's Warsaw livery, when (...) (21 years ago, 6-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Introducing JetRed

(FUT .trains only, no need to bother others with this bickering) (...) Fact is, like Steve Barile and Ben Beneke (in another thread last year I think) mentioned earlier, that as the crowd grows it's harder to get noticed. However if you then start (...) (21 years ago, 6-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Seattle Road Show (whoops- a week late...)

The Road Show came to Seattle on the last weekend of September, running from the 26th to the 28th. PNLTC, SeaLUG, and SMART all shared the small space with a 3-layer layout in 4 sections. You can check out a sampling of the pictures on the SeaLUG (...) (21 years ago, 6-Oct-03, to lugnet.events, lugnet.announce, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Lego 611 & T-6

Here are some pics. What do you think? (URL) underwood 13 yearold railfan (21 years ago, 6-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Introducing JetRed

(...) I believe people have the right to say whatever the heck they want. Whether or not what they say is beneficial or not is a different story. Should people criticize and put down? I don't think its a good thing. Can you stop someone from (...) (21 years ago, 6-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Introducing JetRed

(...) I believe that no one has the right to criticise another person's work and marginalize their efforts. I don't believe that Gregory was whining and making a stink about his train models. Mr. Pieniazek has a history of marginalizing other (...) (21 years ago, 6-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Introducing JetRed

(...) And some people around here put too high of a value on written praise. Or, they flip out when a response isn't 100% positive. Instead of gaining recognition by persisting, they whine and stink about it, turning people off to them. .02 -Tim (21 years ago, 6-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Introducing JetRed

You're not alone in this Gregory, I had also in the past posted pics of my MOC's, only to have the snub-nosed critic shout me down too. I eventually got out of 9V trains, not only was it a drain on the pocketbook...but some of the people around here (...) (21 years ago, 6-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Introducing JetRed

Lar Wrote (and I snipped) "exciting new build techniques" ... I like the use of the 4x4 tiles (w/4 studs) on the roof. It breaks up the lines nicely. Does the powered truck clear the over hanging nose? BTW I think the best indication of response (or (...) (21 years ago, 6-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: inspired by jet red

(...) I am so glad something good might actually come out of that fiasco. I can't wait to see what kind of creation you are going to come up with but it sure sounds interesting. (21 years ago, 6-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  COLTC at Dayton GATS, OCt 11/12.

COLTC will participate in next weekend' GATS show, at the Exposition Center at Dayton Airport. Show times will be 11-5, each day. for more info: (URL) will be our first GATS show. We have many new models, large and small. Never shown before (...) (21 years ago, 6-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.oh)

  Re: Work in progress - station scene

(...) Dirt was someting I had considered, I think it is especially difficult to do in Lego without resorting to using lots of slightly different shaded 1X1 plates. The other thing I had to think of was the fact that as most of it is repeating (...) (21 years ago, 6-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  inspired by jet red

coming soon Blue Sky walking to work I was thinking about having more fun with lego and inspired by the Jet Red series I thought of my next project. I won't say any more beyond the fact that it will be futurific and will involve trains and plane ( (...) (21 years ago, 6-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Can't (was Re: LET IT DIE)

(...) See? That's precisely the wrong attitude to take. Speaking for myself, I would very much like to see your future creations and CAD renders. I looked at all the renders in the current thread and enjoyed them very much -- I also happen to be (...) (21 years ago, 5-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  this belongs in ".trains" (was "LET IT DIE")

(Setting "follow-up"...) (21 years ago, 5-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  this belongs in ".trains" (was "Moving without context")

(Setting "follow-up"...) (21 years ago, 5-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Moving without context

(...) Were we reading the same post? I didn't see that in Larry's response at all. We've had "fantasy trains" in .trains before and they were well received. It is very easy to get the wrong impression from one line of text. (...) Yes, and that goes (...) (21 years ago, 5-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  LET IT DIE

OK, I already stated that I wish I never posted in the first place, and I regret my rant ten-fold now. The train models are not my best work by far. Thus, I'm not really sure why I bothered to mention work I didn't put my best effort into. I think I (...) (21 years ago, 5-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Moving without context

(...) Because Lar mentioned the space newsgroup in a possibly disparaging manner and I didn't want to comment on it without also x-posting it to the right newgroup. It seemed the fair thing to do. Otherwise it would have felt like talking about a (...) (21 years ago, 5-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Moving without context

(...) In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek wrote: (...) OK, everyone. This wasn't my intent. I didn't want anyone to look bad. I didn't want to push anyone's arguments into another thread to make them seem unimportant. I didn't realize that moving this (...) (21 years ago, 5-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Moving without context

Why did this thread get cross posted to .space? The original post was in Trains and CAD. -Grand Admiral (URL) (21 years ago, 5-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Moving without context

(...) Yeah, I agree. People are a little too quick to move things over into off-topic without really having a reason for doing so. Anyway, I apologize for thinking it was you, Lar. I didn't follow the thread closely enough to see that it was (...) (21 years ago, 5-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Moving without context

(...) So why move it? I did not realise it had been moved till after I responded to the post, had I seen that Tony was trying to move it I would have set it back. I think it was totally inappropriate to move it, actually, and especially in what is a (...) (21 years ago, 5-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Introducing JetRed

I wouldn't worry about it that much. You might have ruffled some feathers, but I doubt if anyone is getting an ulcer over it. Feathers smooth quickly around here. BTW, just be lucky I didn't C&P my LAST reply to a post about wanting feedback - THAT (...) (21 years ago, 4-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Work in progress - station scene

(...) As someone else said, too clean. It reminds me of some of the LT stations, ones where there was Southern goods traffic as well as LT trains (out towards Hammersmith?)(my memories of '96 are starting to fade- I was only there for 4 days). (...) (21 years ago, 4-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Introducing JetRed

I deserved that and agree entirely. At this point I regret not only posting my rant but posting at all. If I could delete this -blank- topic I would. But I hope that everyone else will just let it die already before more people get pissed off. (21 years ago, 4-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Introducing JetRed

(...) Well, I guess you were right on the last point. Look, here's how it goes - if your pictures don't move anyone to comment then that's not anyone's problem but your own. And if you need back-slapping congratulations to go on building, then (...) (21 years ago, 4-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Work in progress - station scene

That is fantastic. I love the details of the cables along the rear wall, and the way the seats are constructed. It looks great. I'd suggest though, instead of greenery, you add some muck and grime for a more realistic look. Jason Railton (21 years ago, 4-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Flaming Smokestacks, Batman! (was Re: Introducing JetRed)

(...) Hop-Frog, I moved it, because I didn't think of that, and because it wasn't really about trains. But you're right about appropriate behavior being discussed in the given newsgroup - the reason for my original reply. Thank you for your (...) (21 years ago, 4-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Flaming Smokestacks, Batman! (was Re: Introducing JetRed)

(...) Of course they do. People can do and feel anything they want. Is that what you tell your wife when she is annoyed with you -- that she doesn't have the right to feel as she does? I understand that your claim is that insult was not intended, (...) (21 years ago, 4-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Flaming Smokestacks, Batman! (was Re: Introducing JetRed)

(...) Nope. I'm not bothered by negative commentary. I'm bothered by the tone of that commentary...it's pretty smart-alecky. There's no need. It's like you were a little schoolkid bullying a younger schoolkid because he didn't know the unwritten (...) (21 years ago, 4-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Flaming Smokestacks, Batman! (was Re: Introducing JetRed)

(...) OK, next time someone asks why no one comments, I'll just not bother commenting at all if I can't be 100% positive. Is that what's wanted? The poster was, after all, complaining that no one commented on his models. I highlighted a number of (...) (21 years ago, 4-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Flaming Smokestacks, Batman! (was Re: Introducing JetRed)

(...) lugnet.announce.moc (...) lugnet.trains– Train mania: products (information, opinions, reviews, etc.); building (settings, contexts, characters, projects, models and modeling, layouts, plans, tools, tips, etc.); inspiration (ideas, movies, (...) (21 years ago, 4-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: New: TEE Observation Car for 7740/DB103 Passenger Train

(...) Teunis, Thanks for your interest in building a TEE dome car. I hope you have a good build. I've just uploaded old pics and an MLCad file for (URL) my old version TEE dome car>. Perhaps you can improve upon this old design? I'm not exactly (...) (21 years ago, 3-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New: TEE Observation Car for 7740/DB103 Passenger Train

(...) To James Mathis, After buying some train stickers on Ebay, with Panoramawagen included . I have wanted to build a 7740 Dome car of my own . So I went to have a look at your 7740 Dome car on Brickshelf, for inspiration. But I can't view the (...) (21 years ago, 3-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Introducing JetRed

snip (...) Ok, I had to think about how to respond to this, but a response was defintely neccesary. I am not going to respond to the comments about my models, but the last statement you made. If you want realism go look at model team sets. Yes, (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Log Cabin on the water front

Great Job Mike! I really like building with log bricks. Your log cabin is great and very creative. It is a bit close to the water though ;) Ben (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: high speed train on MOC pages

(...) Thanks. (...) True, although not modeled after a shinkansesn, having lived in Japan and having seen them alot, something must have stuck. Next one I'm going to try will probably be modeled after the one-but-last- series. The one with the (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Work in progress - station scene

(...) The model is made up of sections, the platform and retaining wall are made up of sixteen stud long sections repeated and the bridge girders are half the width so there are four of the same model (you can only see two in the render) Each (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Work in progress - station scene

(...) I found this to be a neat render and it definitely invoked the UK to this visitor... I'd be interested in hearing about how you assembled the bits. I assemble everything in MLCad and it runs out of gas as the element count advances. Is this (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Introducing JetRed

(...) This is basically a neat recolor of existing stock sets, ne? recolors are neat and this is a fairly sharp fantasy scheme (I can't see using white doors in real life though), yes, but I guess I like MOCs better. The MOC engine (are the two (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: high speed train on MOC pages

(...) I missed this at the time. I think it's spiffy. Thanks for sharing. The nose reminds me of more modern Shinkasens (whereas my bluestriped white HST is designed to be more like earlier ones), which kind of have a shovely nose. Can you tell us (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Introducing JetRed

(...) yup, you're not alone. I've posted a few trains here, not a single response. Luckily, I ran them at shows, and got alot of oohs and ahhs. for instance: (URL) 1 response. (URL) response from Joe who has seen them live before. These were not a (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Introducing JetRed

(...) Another quick suggestion: Run you the POV file the L3P generate through the program found here: (URL) does a fairly good job of smoothing the parts that should be curved -Orion (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Introducing JetRed

(...) I've had train pictures posted for me before.By another AFOL. And did not seem to get much of a responce. But , I then noticed that the veiw number,on my train picture had gone up & up. You have about 1300 veiws , so you're not been ignored. (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Work in progress - station scene

I've put some images of my CAD work in progress, typical British urban/suburban (URL) station set in a cutting> on Brickshelf This intended to be a setting for rolling stock similar to (URL) Ben's bridge> but with the added advantage of the enclosed (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.loc.uk, FTX)

  nw mosic style

welcome to the world of the brickshelf mosaic. (URL) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.build.mosaic, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.general)

  Re: Introducing JetRed

(...) Dude don't be disheartened. It has been kinda quite around here since the DDoS attack on Lugnet. But I have to say that I liked your model and would definately like to see more. If you post was intended to elicit response from others then it (...) (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Introducing JetRed

(...) You know, I am really starting to see a trend here. Since I never seem to get any responses, I think this will be my last post. I guess I would rather be ignored than spammed and feathered at least... (21 years ago, 2-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Log Cabin on the water front

(...) I just uploaded a deconstruction of the cabin in LDR but I made a jpg for all to see also. The deep links are below and after they are moderated the main folder will also be available soon. I used different colors for the Technic beams to show (...) (21 years ago, 1-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.western)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact