 Trains / 21171
Re: Introducing JetRed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 14:02:24 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Gregory J. Overkamp wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Gregory J. Overkamp wrote:
After completing a few renderings of Wayne Sardullo's box car, I decided to
rehash some of my old train creations, and ended up with a whole new train line.
Welcome to JetRed:

Two of the engines are MOCs, one is a recoloring of the metroliner engine.  I
also modified a few early lego sets to create four of the storage cars.  Plans
are in the works for at least two more cars, a kitchen car and a better
passenger car.  Hope you like it!

Greg Overkamp

You know, I am really starting to see a trend here.  Since I never seem to
get
any responses, I think this will be my last post.  I guess I would rather be
ignored than spammed and feathered at least...

yup, you're not alone. I've posted a few trains here, not a single response.
Luckily, I ran them at shows, and got alot of oohs and ahhs. for instance:

http://news.lugnet.com/trains/?n=20975

not 1 response.

http://news.lugnet.com/trains/?n=20069

1 response from Joe who has seen them live before.

These were not a small box car, these were 5-7 car trains, with interior and
such. I may post my next trains here, but more likely just forget about it. It
often (not always) seems to matter what you've done in the past to get a
response here. Although I can understand that there is only a small circle of
long standing train builders here, for people who make the occasional train,
think to look for feedback elsewhere, although you'd expect it mainly here. I'll
keep building trains, and will look for feedback at shows, and from club
members.

BTW, your trains look cool. I like the color scheme, although I am not crazy
about the white sliding doors, red ones may work better.

Paul