 Trains / 21181
21180  |  21182
Subject:
Flaming Smokestacks, Batman! (was Re: Introducing JetRed)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 4 Oct 2003 04:48:02 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
but I guess I like MOCs better.
     lugnet.announce.moc

For me, anyway, in .trains, anyway, I tend to look for posts that have exciting
new build techniques or that are nifty renditions of prototypes I'm familiar
with. This isn't .space where everything is fantastical.

     lugnet.trains– Train mania: products (information, opinions, reviews,
etc.); building (settings, contexts, characters, projects, models and modeling,
layouts, plans, tools, tips, etc.); inspiration (ideas, movies, books,
literature, magazines, music, historical events, etc., as they relate to LEGO);
clubs/events; etc.

     "settings"...not "REALISTIC settings"
     "contexts"...not "REALISTIC contexts"
     "etc."...not "REALISTIC etc." - hmmm, could fantasy creations be "etc."?

     Mr. Curator, lighten up.  Not everybody shares your tastes and
expectations.  If we all did, there'd be no new build techniques or nifty
prototype renditions.  You do your thing and let others do theirs.  There's room
in .trains for fantasy, as there is in .space for the realistic.  Where does it
say that we can't build fantasy trains?  More importantly, how is the spirit of
the Brick served if we discourage people from building creatively?
     There was no need to tear this apart the way you did.  Relax and Leg Godt.
Posts like this discourage those (like me) who aren't expert model-builders from
speaking up, showing what they can do, and seeking advice on technique.  I'm not
anyone important or super-talented; but, I AM a member of this community.  I
expected better from one who seems to have been a champion of our hobby.
     I hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Peace and Long Life,
Tony Alexander