 Trains / 21173
Re: Introducing JetRed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 15:23:33 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Gregory J. Overkamp wrote:
After completing a few renderings of Wayne Sardullo's box car, I decided to
rehash some of my old train creations, and ended up with a whole new train line.
Welcome to JetRed:

Two of the engines are MOCs, one is a recoloring of the metroliner engine.  I
also modified a few early lego sets to create four of the storage cars.  Plans
are in the works for at least two more cars, a kitchen car and a better
passenger car.  Hope you like it!

This is basically a neat recolor of existing stock sets, ne? recolors are neat
and this is a fairly sharp fantasy scheme (I can't see using white doors in real
life though), yes, but I guess I like MOCs better.

The MOC engine (are the two engines different? to me, it looks like they're just
rotated versions of the same model) was nice though. If you like somewhat
fantastical engines.

For me, anyway, in .trains, anyway, I tend to look for posts that have exciting
new build techniques or that are nifty renditions of prototypes I'm familiar
with. This isn't .space where everything is fantastical.