 Trains / 21214
Re: Introducing JetRed
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 00:04:39 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Tim Courtney wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Harvey Henkelman wrote:
You're not alone in this Gregory, I had also in the past posted pics of my
MOC's, only to have the snub-nosed critic shout me down too. I eventually got
out of 9V trains, not only was it a drain on the pocketbook...but some of the
people around here are not very friendly.

-HRH

And some people around here put too high of a value on written praise. Or, they
flip out when a response isn't 100% positive. Instead of gaining recognition by
persisting, they whine and stink about it, turning people off to them.

.02

-Tim

I totally agree with Tim.
Either i do not value recognition then critics and no reply are not a problem.
Or i value recognition, then obviously if it has a value it also has a cost.
When facing the same problem as you i made my choice (i do not value
recognition), and guess what, it solves the problem.

Also thanks to Tim Courtney, he pointed out what was self-centered in my
attitude, would he have psychologist fees, he would be rich now.

Regards,

-Damien