 Trains / 21183
Re: Flaming Smokestacks, Batman! (was Re: Introducing JetRed)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad
Date:
Sat, 4 Oct 2003 06:35:23 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
OK, next time someone asks why no one comments, I'll just not bother commenting
at all if I can't be 100% positive.

Is that what's wanted?
     Nope.  I'm not bothered by negative commentary.  I'm bothered by the tone
of that commentary...it's pretty smart-alecky.  There's no need.  It's like you
were a little schoolkid bullying a younger schoolkid because he didn't know the
unwritten rules, and you were going to show all your schoolkid friends how cool
you were because you could tear him up.
     I noticed the positive and the negative.  I just think that the negative
could have been more constructive.  And I don't think that's what you were
really saying anyway.
     If you're pissy because he's whining about no commentary, write to that.
You don't need to disguise that as MOC commentary; it makes you look bad to do
so, and it doesn't speak to the supposed community that we supposedly share.
     I guess I was a little disappointed because in posts of yours that I'd read
before, you seemed pretty level-headed.  This wasn't one of them.  Take that as
you will.  Maybe I just don't read enough of your posts to know.
     Maybe I do need to lighten up.  But I don't frequent this site to see
people belittle others needlessly.  I, like I thought of you, am interested in
learning, sharing ideas, and having fun.  The community becomes greater than the
sum of its parts, much as a good MOC is more than the sum of its bricks, plates,
and wheels. If that community is not the point of all this, then maybe I was
mistaken; if you were having fun getting in some digs, then maybe I'm in the
wrong place.
     Either way, I hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Peace and Long Life,
Tony Alexander