 Trains / 21244
21243  |  21245
Subject:
Stability of cars/rails?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 12 Oct 2003 03:23:15 GMT

Hello all,

Being new to this list I hope you'll forgive me if I'm asking a stupid
question. It's late and I've had absolutely no prior experience with trains
period. :)

My question (of course I have a question! You didn't think I'd actually
have something profound to say, did you?) is: how stable are the train cars
on the horizontal plane? Do they wobble at all (tilt, I mean)? Also, how
low to the ground could I get, say, a flatbed?

I'm trying to figure out how to move my digital camera in a full circle
with as little deviation from a smooth pan as possible, both in tilt and
wobble. If lego train cars are steady and don't tilt side to side freely, I
may have to work out another 'quid pro quo' with somebody.

Also (one more question and yes I like parentheses), is there a
minimum/maximum circle diameter for curved tracks?

Thanks for any help you can give me,
~Mike Thorn