 Trains / 21261
Re: Stability of cars/rails?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 13 Oct 2003 21:06:52 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Jan-Albert van Ree wrote:
Mike Thorn wrote:
So you want to mount a camera on a flatbed and put it on a circle?
If so you might want to make an arm that goes into the center, and put some
weight on it and a single wheel or even one of those boat "glider pads"
round 2*2 under it (as in 6541 and 6542), that should keep it even more
steady, although it would require a nice flat surface, but that would
already be the case for the track anyway.

wow, that's getting complicated.

how about a 12v motor, at the center, with a platform built onto it.  you get
stability (by removing the bogey aspect), and simplicity.

if need be, i can post a mockup, but somehow i don't see this as a problem
requiring realism, just simplicity.