 Trains / 21260
Re: Stability of cars/rails?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 13 Oct 2003 15:44:56 GMT

Mike Thorn wrote:

Not a bit. Since I have to be touching the camera all the time, it really
needs to be rock-solid is possible.

Thanks for all the input, everyone. It's really helped a lot. :) From what
you're saying, it seems like even a double bogie flatbed has to be better
than what I have now.

So you want to mount a camera on a flatbed and put it on a circle?
If so you might want to make an arm that goes into the center, and put some
weight on it and a single wheel or even one of those boat "glider pads"
round 2*2 under it (as in 6541 and 6542), that should keep it even more
steady, although it would require a nice flat surface, but that would
already be the case for the track anyway.
--
Jan-Albert van Ree   | http://www.vanree.net/brickpiles/
Brick Piles          | Santa Fe B-unit