 Trains / 21217
Re: Train Station
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 02:28:37 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Brian Bacher wrote:
I've been playing around with MLCad a bit, and have attempted to model the
Amtrak terminal in Mt. Pleasant, IA.

The images are a bit rough, but please let me know what you think. I've also
posted the MPD file.

(New to Brickshelf, hope I've got the URL right)

Cool.  Looks a lot more like the train stations I see around where I live than
this one:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4513
(nothing against 4513, it does look like a fun set)

I like the color choice.  Cool that you added interior details.  My $0.02...
since you gave it four walls you might want to make the roof easily removable to
get figs in and out.

Now you need to park a train in Amtrak livery in front of it.  Metroliner works
in a pinch.  As you may have already discovered, there are some really great
Amtrak MOCs on Brickshelf.

Slightly off topic, but for anyone reading this who's interested in Amtrak, here
are a few examples of great MOCs that come to mind: (There are so many that I'm
sure I'm leaving out some other greats, too.)

James Mathis' Superliner (Genesis):

Christoph Eisenring's Superliner (F40):

Walt May's AEM-7 (I've seen these many times in real life since I live on the
Northeast Corridor)

Thanks for sharing...
-Paul D.