 Trains / 20863 (-100)
  Re: New poster by Larry Pieniazek/MTW

(...) [snip] (...) [snip2] Ihis is indeed a great Poster Jeroen and Larry! As usual I am more thrilled by the farm equipment as by the trainstuff. This huge commbine harvestor is really great - although it might fit because of its from its own (...) (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New poster by Larry Pieniazek/MTW

(...) Yes... except for the warbonnet doodlebug. Absent a good supply of red train doors that one will never see production. (...) XFUT lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: New poster by Larry Pieniazek/MTW

(...) Great poster ... but can't help notice some discrepancy between the poster and the MTW shop. Those items on the poster but not in the shop - are they teasers? As an avid MTW collector I'd like to know!!!!! SteveH BeLUG (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New poster by Larry Pieniazek/MTW

(...) LOL! Love the P-o-meter! (And the poster is good too!) ROSCO (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New try at German Double Decker Commuter Train

(...) Wow James! I really love the lines of the new double-deckers. Much better than the previous ones, in my mind. Only, I think the upper windows seems to be a bit oversized? And of course - I wish they came in Danish DSB colours instead! ;-) (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  bnsf b23-7

'ello! has anyone ever done some BNSF engines? other then the dash 9 seen at shows from brickshelf? im working on a b23-7 with similar looks to that engine. (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Crossover Instructions?

(...) Jeff Christner (contact info will be in the presentation about his crossover) is thinking about putting together step by step instructions, stay tuned. Ben might do so too, who knows. Kevin Salm did a set too, and he used a very (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC slowing?

(...) The short should not affect the motors or decoders. A short will suck most of the current through the short instead of the proper load. Of course an intermitent short might cause voltage spikes that could damage the decoder (but would be (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Crossover Instructions?

I saw a couple of crossover modifications at BrickFest and was wondering if anyone has step by step instructions available. Thanks in advance, Brian (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New German Diesel Locomotive

(...) But electric engines lack a soul... Besides, compared to the old Dutch classes 2200 and 2400 Ludmilla isn't too bad. One of them recently came through my town while the main line Amersfoort-Apeldoorn was closed , see (URL) for some shots. (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  New poster by Larry Pieniazek/MTW

Hi all, I am proud to announce a new poster with some fine models by Larry Pieniazek. Please point your browser at (URL) and click the MOC poster item. De groeten, Jeroen (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce) !!

  veni, vidi, vivus!

I came, I saw, I built! Here are my pictures and comments from BrickFest 2003! •General Pics and folders to the rest (after moderation): (URL) of my favorites: (URL) story behind this is that they had a bubblegum machine that you could put four (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.space, lugnet.castle, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.general)

  Re: DCC slowing?

(...) I think the RCXs are okay, as they're internally protected against shorts. Don't know what a brief short might do to a decoder/motor, though. The current has to get through the decoder before it can get to the motors, and the decoder regulates (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Caledonian OF-Class 0-4-0 for the hard of recognising...

(...) Ah! There's a thought. I might swap it for a sand blue one, so at least it's all legit. The round brick can sit between four studs, but because it's placed between the slopes it doesn't grip so well on its own. Thanks. Jason Railton (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC slowing?

(...) Is it possible we may have in some manner damaged the RCX, the motors or the decoders when we had the steel wool flame-up? Prior to placing my train on the track the track was cleaned with steel wool and the power to the track was accidently (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New German Diesel Locomotive

(...) Being a trainhead, I have to correct you on this one. The nickname "Taigatrommel" does NOT correspond with this class. The "Taigatrommel" is a class BR 220 (former DR class V120), the more rounded predecessor of this class BR 232. Nicknames (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: DCC slowing?

(...) Snip (...) Yes, I have experienced this. I'd suspect overheating- what were the room conditions? I had it happen at LLCA in 2000- ~30C (reasonably hot), and largish trains (5-10 cars). The best solution I could come up with was not to run the (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NWBrickCon 2003 Registration

Whoops, forgot to post to these groups! (FUT'd back to NWBC) (...) -Grand Admiral and Keeper of Fleebnorks (URL) "Adopt a fleebnork. They're DYING!" -Sally Struthers (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: DCC slowing?

"Brian B. Alano" <throwaway@insightbb.com> wrote in message news:HJKpvH.1IqC@lugnet.com... (...) over-heating. Also the bottoms of 10025 and 10022 seem to rub. I've had to replace some plates so i made them tiles... Randall Lee Crabtree (...) (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: DCC slowing?

(...) The track was powered by a RCX. Also we only had 1 engine running and experienced this problem. mark (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC slowing?

(...) What was supplying the power to the track? An RCX or a commercial DCC controller? If an RCX running LDCC, it may have been the RCX over heating. ROSCO (21 years ago, 14-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NWBrickCon 2003

(...) Glad to hear it. I'll be working on the website tonight with Mark Neumann. -Grand Admiral and Keeper of Fleebnorks (URL) "Adopt a fleebnork. They're DYING!" -Sally Struthers (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New German Diesel Locomotive

In lugnet.trains, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote: Snip a bit of intro (...) Thank you and others for the nice compliments to the BR 252 model-- now I know its number designator. (...) I learn more from you, again. I didn't know this. (...) Anton tells (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: NWBrickCon 2003

I'll be dropping in to spread my diseased presence as well. Hoping the site gets up soon enough for pre-reg. Will bring... um... stuff. Lots of stuff :) Take care, Soren (URL) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New German Diesel Locomotive

(...) Dear James, once again you have amazed me with a briliant LEGO® model after an existing design. I have not been too familiar with this kind of loco (in fact I have never seen a BR 232 in in real life, although I live near a bigger train line). (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: DCC slowing?

Thanks for the reply, Mark. (...) Both motors had Digitrax DN121 decoders (...) I don't think the DN121 has this. (...) Both had the factory default speed tables. We ran both motors without loads (okay, 1 had a bumper on it) around the loop, and the (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: DCC slowing?

Perhaps the speed of the two motors was mismatched for one reason or another. This would cause the two motors to generate more heat (because they're pushing or pulling against one another) and lead to a possible overheating situation. I've read (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BrickFest 2003 impressions and comments

(...) Yes thank you for pulling off another wonderful weekend. (...) So am I, however I think I am driving so I can bring more stuff! (...) YES what a novel idea. This was a big issue. Not even my short boxcar and engine could make it around the (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC slowing?

(...) I say it's the overheating. When rtlToronto did NMRA a few weeks back, there were a few engines running for most of the weekend. I got stupid and put 8-10 cars behind one of my locos and, after about an hour, it started slowing down and then (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New German Diesel Locomotive

(...) Never mind the GP-38's, James, I just saw the reference picture you worked from, it has your Santa Fe diesel v5 locomotive up front, just re-color your ready model and use that with this UP car and a few more ones in between the loc(s) and (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Union Pacific Executive Car

Neat car. That technic piece is perfect for capturing the look of the rear-lights. The SNOT windows are nice. They make the car look longer. -Stefan- (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: DCC slowing?

Were you running any cars with gray wheelsets behind your locomotive? The gray wheelsets have a few known problems, and can make a train come to a halt after a few runs around a track. It normally takes a few hours, but the heavier the cars, the (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New German Diesel Locomotive

(...) Jeroen is right, James, that UP car is awesome too and most definetely needs other cars AND a locomotive! A bunch of GP-38's...? :-) Greetz, Anton (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New German Diesel Locomotive

(...) This is indeed a great train, both the real thing and James' model are very impressive. Instead of half tracks I would love Lego to make 3 axle motors (again), doesn't have to be a driven axle althrough that would help the traction for some (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New try at German Double Decker Commuter Train

(...) Well done James, extremely well done! Next I see you doing an 111-electric locomotive in white/orange livery... ;-) Greetz, Anton (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New German Diesel Locomotive

(...) Very well done, James, I may find myself building this model too, we have the real thing running by the house (oh well, about 500 yards away that is) a few times a day, very well done representation of the real locomotive that is rented by (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  DCC slowing?

I have a question abuot DCC. I was first exposed to DCC at our last LUG meeting where some of the motors had been modified. They were running 2 motors on the track on different channels. Then we placed the two motors on the same channel and placed (...) (21 years ago, 13-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Union Pacific Executive Car

This (URL) Union Pacific executive car> is inspired by (URL) photo> from Jeroen's collection of photographs. Not much to say, except to notice perhaps the SNOT-wise 1/4-curved brick element on the mid-section under carriage and the rear high-mount (...) (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  New German Diesel Locomotive

Inspired by (URL) picture of a German diesel locomotive> from Jeroen's assembly of cool train pictures, I have tried an (URL) model>. The model intends to have working three-point headlamps. I believe that a (URL) Steve Barile custom beveled brick> (...) (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  New try at German Double Decker Commuter Train

I have revisited this train design a few times since the original back in 1997 or 1998, I think. Here it is, an attempt to model a (URL) German double decker commuter train>, revised one more time. Viw (URL) Prior versions> for comparison. This (...) (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Caledonian OF-Class 0-4-0 for the hard of recognising...

(...) Haven't seen them! Maersk Blue (well, not any more, and never in a set), Sand Blue (Count Dooku's speeder bike) and ordinary blue, but not medium blue yet... Alastair (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  BrickFest 2003 impressions and comments

I'm still trying to recover from three days of BrickFest! So many MOCs, so many great people, so much fun. If you've never been to an AFOL event like this, I'd highly recommend it. It was a treat to meet so many .trains folks. I had several people (...) (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Formula-1 racer on track

The evening before the Cleveland leg of the Lego Raod Show, I build a small racecar to run on the track. I thought that it would be something else than trains, and it could be fast. Not having it given any test runs, I soon found out it wouldn't (...) (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Get your space!

Ladies and Gents If you are planning on coming to NWBrickCon please let us know what you are bringing and what you want to do. We're planning space for classes, an animation festival, gaming, and of course, MOC display. So please, if you think you (...) (21 years ago, 12-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.general, lugnet.build, lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wheelchair MOC

(...) No peg-legged, hook-handed, eye-patched pirate captains? (...) First of all, for the current design, I notice that you have the wheels mounted via a pair of 1x2 Technic bricks with two holes. If you put a #2 pin in the other set of holes, it (...) (21 years ago, 11-Aug-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Wheelchair MOC

(...) Very nice job! Joe (21 years ago, 11-Aug-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Wheelchair MOC

I was working on a train station with handicap accessible ramps when I realized that I didn't have any handicapped minifigs. I put together this minifig scale wheelchair to test the ramps. (URL) chair is a bit bulky, so I'm working on something (...) (21 years ago, 11-Aug-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Trackside Tower MOC

After seeing pics of a tower in a train mag I decided to give it a shot. The railings took the longest to figure out and I think they work pretty well. (URL) (21 years ago, 11-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  New Train MOC: Maintenance crane

Hi all! As a part of my exhibition next week, I finally built this maintenance crane: (URL) is based on the real one, but not an exact model. It is primary used for changing sleepers. To answer the question how it passes under bridges, I can tell (...) (21 years ago, 11-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Three 8 wide freight cars, & a fire engine!

(...) Nice job on all the models, Josh. I especially like the Fire truck...it looks great in the red and orange paint scheme. Joe (21 years ago, 9-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Three 8 wide freight cars, & a fire engine!

(...) Sounds good I hadn't thought of that! Josh (21 years ago, 9-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Got the 10128 Train Level Crossing today...

Hi, The Level crossing is now shipping(in Denmark), and I got mine today. A few thoughts: It's a little juniorized and it's a shame the stairs for the pedestrian walkover doesn't have handrails. But overall I really like this new set. It's my first (...) (21 years ago, 8-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NWBrickCon 2003

(...) At this time we are planning this event annually. So when you come out to Seattle look us up! SeaLUG is always happy for more members and we love our NWBC! Mark Neumann (21 years ago, 8-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

  New Yorks Flatiron building

Here is one of my latest. (URL) (21 years ago, 8-Aug-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains) !!

  Re: NWBrickCon 2003

Is this going to be every year? I live out side of Spokane right now but in the fall of 2005 I will be moving to Seattle to finish up the last two years of college for my four year degree. Hopefully it will still be going on so I go to it then. (21 years ago, 8-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Review of new Grand Central Station (4513) set

That is a very detailed review. I have two questions though. 1. I looked in at a Scan from a German Catalog (I think) and it showed this station (not the prototype). It is yellow but it has something different. In the middle of the 2nd floor, (...) (21 years ago, 7-Aug-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.reviews, lugnet.trains)

  announcing TrackDraw (BrickFest preview)

I've been working on TrackDraw, a replacement for Track Designer, for six months or so. I'll talk about it at BrickFest on Saturday. You can read a little about it, and see the BrickFest PowerPoint slides here: (URL) not ready to release the program (...) (21 years ago, 6-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.cad.dev) !

  Re: Three 8 wide freight cars, & a fire engine!

(...) The new 7468 Saturn V set comes with two flat 8 x 8 round tiles with the 4 studs in the center, like the radar dish, in black that would work in a pinch. Lawrence (21 years ago, 6-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Announcing Full Throttle - Control LDCC From Windows

In lugnet.trains, Chris Phillips wrote: <snip> (...) Now I want to take the rest of the week off from work and play with this! I can't wait to get home tonight and give it a shot! Thanks Chris! I'll let you know how it goes on my layout. Keep up the (...) (21 years ago, 6-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New style rail tank car

That looks pretty neat. I had been thinking of using those for a tank car myself, though on 8-wides. It doesn't look like they're quite big enough tho. :^\ There's a lot of possiblities for those nonetheless. Cool stuff! -Stefan- (21 years ago, 6-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4512- thoughts

(...) (but that is probably too much to ask!) BR Sonnich (21 years ago, 6-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Inspection Car MOC

(...) the 9V box, for making these little alternative runners. Though it looks like you *might* be able to incorporate it if you turn it sideways, and build it in snot-style? Hmmmmm ... -s (21 years ago, 6-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4512- thoughts

(...) try (URL) (21 years ago, 6-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4512- thoughts

James Powell <wx732@freenet.victoria.bc.ca> wrote in message news:HIABKq.1IMu@lugnet.com... (...) As (...) include (...) the (...) Could you get a pictures of that? BR S (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Three 8 wide freight cars, & a fire engine!

(...) Chris and all, The 8x8 radar dish did come in black though it's been at least 10 years since they've appeared in a set. There are 2 in 6988-Alpha Centauri Outpost, 1 in 6989-Mega Core Magnetizer and 1 in 6987-Message-Intercept Base :) There (...) (21 years ago, 6-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Question about the new trains

In lugnet.trains, Rob Hendrix wrote: Hi Rob, additinally to your theory there is another problem with the wheelsets: they are partly moulded wrong, as you easiely can recognise in this picture (2 URLs) Jake has told us long ago this was a mistake by (...) (21 years ago, 6-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  Re: Three 8 wide freight cars, & a fire engine!

(...) 3-stud between wheelset look, but I have backed off two two studs (except for engines)*. I decided for my models that the two stud space made the models look longer. A three studs space the trucks just look a bit big. Not that big here but on (...) (21 years ago, 6-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Question about the new trains

(...) What is the number to contact Lego? I have the same problem with a couple of Mot trains. Do you first send the used ones, or do you wait for the new ones and then send the old ones? Steve. (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  New style rail tank car

When I saw the first picture of the '4 Juniors' tank trailer, my first thought was of a rail tank car. I wondered if it would look any good. And I think it does, even in a straightforward rendition as this: (URL) the rest of the site, hit: (URL) (...) (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  SIGGRAPH Wrap-Up

The Event Well, all good things must come to an end. We wrapped up the (URL) SIGGRAPH 2003> [1] LEGO display on Thursday afternoon, after an exhausting but fun week of building and hanging out with conference attendees and fellow AFOLs. What an (...) (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.cad, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, FTX) !

  Re: Question about the new trains

(...) Mark, Thanks for the excellent pics. I'm gonna work on my wheel sets just as soon as I get home tonight. Brian (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question about the new trains

I might add: Use a rocking motion with the knife to get it to cut smoothly without having to use undue pressure... Mark (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question about the new trains

Here you go: (URL) basicly cut one or two slivers off of each of the four places where the wheel can rub against the frame. Folder when moderated: (...) filing. (...) (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  NCLTC Takes 1st Place at Raleigh GATS! (Long)

This past weekend NCLTC had our layout on display at the Great American Train Show (GATS) in Raleigh, North Carolina. This is the third GATS show we have done and while our layout has always been popular, we have never won the competition. Much to (...) (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.org.us.nclug) !!

  Re: NWBrickCon 2003

Sorry, I goobered the post, this is to add groups to this message Ladies and gents and Lego enthusiasts of all ages, It is my pleasure to announce NWBrickCon 2003, hosted by the local LEGO enthusiasts of the Pacific NorthWest. NWBrickCon03 will be (...) (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.general, lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Three 8 wide freight cars, & a fire engine!

Nice job. I really like the gondola and tank cars. Keep up the good work. (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town)

  Re: Inspection Car MOC

(...) Not at all. I forgot about that second one. The small steamer's gonna be neat to see. I'm planning on making that little yellow diesel shunter eventually. I like building those small ones too, but I like trying to get them to work with other (...) (21 years ago, 5-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Announcing Full Throttle - Control LDCC From Windows

I have just released (URL) version 1.00> of a program that I call Full Throttle. This Windows application uses your Mindstorms IR tower (either serial or USB) to communicate with an RCX that is running (URL) Mark Riley's LDCC replacement firmware> (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx, FTX) !!

  Re: Question about the new trains

(...) I have had the new Train sets 4511 and 4512 for two weeks now and can report that the problem with the train wheels rubbing is not apparent with these two sets. I actually bought two of 4511 so as to make a decent length train. Grahame (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Industry Building Diorama...

That is neat! Thinks for providing more building inspiration! Josh (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Three 8 wide freight cars, & a fire engine!

High Cube Plug Door Paper Box car: (URL) Gondola: (URL) Gallon "slope build" tank car: (URL) 4x4 Forest Fire truck (Forestry Engine 2): (URL) coming) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: Inspection Car MOC

hey, thanks, I'm glad you like it. I'm always looking for smallish scale stuff to build. Inspection cars are so much fun, and they are typically so odd that I just love making them. There were two other things that I may build out of your photo set. (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Legoshow in Valga, Estonia

Hi all! On August 16th I will show some Lego trains in Valga, as a part of the Eurobuss tour. The Eurobuss will drive around in Estonia and inform about the European Union. As a part of this there will be an addition to the local paper, which can be (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general)

  Re: Question about the new trains

(...) I have contacted LEGO regarding this issue as I was disappointed with the rolling status of the Sante-Fe wheels. LEGO said that if I wanted to they would exchange my wheels for new ones (one-to-one) and I would have to mail them in but that at (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Inspection Car MOC

Cool inspection car! Definitely hits the original on the spot. Glad those photos were useful to someone. -Stefan- (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question about the new trains

In lugnet.trains, Mark Riley wrote: snip I use (...) Please post some pictures. I'd much rather spend time cutting than filing. Brian (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question about the new trains

(...) In fixing my wheelsets, I've observed that the gray wheelsets are made of a softer (more butter-like) plastic. Instead of a file, I use a hobby knife to cut out a small portion of the frame where the rubbing occurs. It's easier to cut the gray (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question about the new trains

(...) ... (...) ... I don't think so. We've been running some of the same trains at NCLTC for nine shows (some shows for over a month), and the well-run trains still work. The undercarriage is well-worn where the bogies touch the plates, but the (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Question about the new trains

(...) Yikes! Hadn't thought of that. I'll have to check this out on my wheel-sets. If this is true it means that over time I'll be back in the same mess again! From Cary Clark's reply to my post it sounds like this could be the case that perhaps the (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Question about the new trains

(...) ... (...) ... I also filed down enough wheels to make a six car Santa Fe successfully negotiate a 'dog-bone' torture track (all curves) on a low regulator speed, with one motor. Like Paul, I thought I had it all figured out. This weekend, I (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question about the new trains

IMHO, the problem lies in this theory: * The axles are made of metal. * Metal is harder than plastic. * When putting metal in direct contact with plastic, the plastic will wear. * Check the spot where the point of the metal axle meets the plastic (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Question about the new trains

(...) Good question! I've been wondering this myself. I just recently went through the grueling process of filing down the plastic in all 28 gray wheel-sets of my Santa Fe Kit. What an improvement! I got the train set last fall and the first time I (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Question about the new trains

I was hoping someone who has bought the new trains (4511 High Speed Train or 4512 Cargo Train) could answer this question. Have the wheels been fixed? I hope LEGO has sorted out the problem with them sticking, but considering the way quality control (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC - Need some info.

I've started collecting questions and answers into a FAQ format. ILTCO as a host makes much more sense then what I would default to (www.IndyLUG.org). (...) (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Inspection Car MOC

I recently saw the neatest inspection car in a group of photos by Stephan Garcia taken at the Hoosier Valley RR Museum. As soon as i found the time, this is what i came up with. (URL) love the inspection cars. enjoy -tk (21 years ago, 4-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.us.nelug)

  Re: DCC - Need some info.

Perhaps a good spot would be the ILTCO web page in the library section (our goal is to make ILTCO the "go to" spot for train info, esp when the info comes from many sources in the community. It would be a great addition! SteveB (...) (21 years ago, 3-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  High Speed Train model

Hi folks, This is a high speed train model that I built. It's run in various incarnations at rtlToronto train shows: (URL) is a five car TGV-inspired six-wide passenger train. I hope you like it. Calum (21 years ago, 2-Aug-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: Industry Building Diorama...

In lugnet.trains, Robin Werner wrote: snip (...) Robin, The detail is amazing! You always have the most phenomenal stuff! Can't wait to get a look at it in person next week. Brian (21 years ago, 2-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Industry Building Diorama...

One rainy Sunday a few weeks back, I was breaking down my club display mountain section. In the section I have a small industry building and I couldn’t bust it up without getting some more picture. Then I decided to added some track and some train (...) (21 years ago, 2-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  NCLTC to display at South Hills Mall March 1st and 2nd in Raleigh, NC

This weekend, August 2nd and 3rd, the North Carolina LEGO Train Club (NCLTC) will have our layout on display at the Great American Train Show at the Raleigh Civic and Convention Center in Raleigh, North Carolina. The show is open from 10 AM until (...) (21 years ago, 1-Aug-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.us.nc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.org.us.nclug)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact