 Trains / 20786
20785  |  20787
Subject:
Announcing Full Throttle - Control LDCC From Windows
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 2003 22:44:17 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

I have just released version 1.00 of a program that I call Full Throttle. This Windows application uses your Mindstorms IR tower (either serial or USB) to communicate with an RCX that is running Mark Riley’s LDCC replacement firmware to control up to nine DCC-equipped locomotives or decoders from your computer.

Full Throttle provides a set of nine identical control groups, one for each of the locomotives that can be addressed by LDCC. Set speed, direction, headlight, and special functions for each loco independently with a single mouse click. Panic stop one train or the entire layout with a single keystroke. This program contains many, many features that are documented in the ReadMe file included in the download.

You must be using the latest beta version of LDCC (available here) to get the “LDCC IR Protocol” support that Mark has so generously implemented.

Download Full Throttle Version 1.00.

Please let me (and Mark) know what you think. Enjoy!

- Chris.