 Trains / 19863 (-100)
  Re: Crowd Control (was: Train Layout Tables)

Since our first show at GATS we have had a kids RR (KRR) play area attached to the main layout so they feel a part of it. We hated that when you'd go to a GATS you couldn't touch anything, even if your an adult in some cases! At the KRR there is (...) (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Layout Tables

(...) You know that 'Oh No!' second, when you realized you did something wrong, and yet "The Event" happened and there's no going back. Kinda like right after I think I've backed up all my info, and proceed to restore the original image on my (...) (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lner A4

(...) I like how the front black tiles slope in multi-panel-angles. Looks smooth and has a nice curve. Lots to appreciate in your design solutions! later, James Mathis (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Layout Tables

Hey, nifty stuff. Thanks for sharing! But since we're sharing table info, and not discussing the merits of an additional group, do you think it might be possible to trim admin.suggestions from the groups list? FUT just trains... (...) <snip> (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: PNLTC Layout

(...) That building is absolutely beautiful. I love the curves of the two parts at the end, and the glass towers look really cool. Adrian -- (URL) (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC Layout

We used roadplates under the rails in the town because the light rail system that runs through and around Portland does run down the streets in some areas. We tried to model the Convnetion Center scene as closely as possible and the MAX line runs (...) (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC Layout

Just to be really clear Jeremy Rear built the OR Convention Center all by himself! A couple of us offered some critiques here and there during the design phase, but that was a solo effort! To expand on Frank's comment, it took four of us to come up (...) (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC Layout

(...) Just to clarify things, the huge building is a model of the Oregon Convention Center, the venue for the show. They were celebrating the opening of an expansion that doubled the size (the new section is the half with the "tiara" as opposed to (...) (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Layout Tables

In lugnet.trains, Ben Fleskes writes: <snip> (...) I built these modules this weekend-- (URL) based on the PNLTC module design--very nice by the way--many kudos to whoever came up with that particular concept first! Anyway, rtlToronto got hold of (...) (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: PNLTC Layout

(...) That large building is very impressive, especially the rounded section. And that seaside cliff is tremendous too. Lots of wonderful things to see - too many to comment on them all. Just one question, why did you use roadplates under the rails (...) (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC Layout

Very, very impressive PNLTC! Brian Stokes SCLTC (...) (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC Layout

(...) seaside village (with 12V train in mountain... that's gotta be Frank's handiwork!!). I see Frank snuck some Pirate ships in. Nice trees on that mountain, gonna have to crib some of that thinking for mine. Who did that mountain? I think the (...) (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Layout Tables

I've been bouncing table designs around for a while and two criteria seem to emerging in my mind as more important than I've previously given weight to. 1) Durability. and 2) The ability to adjust height On Durability. My first tables are over six (...) (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Crowd Control (was: Train Layout Tables)

I think it depends alot on what slant your train club takes. The train clubs that are all about the prototypical designs I think have more emotionally invested in their designs and display mainly for other train modelers. Since I can't even begin to (...) (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC Layout

(...) Great show guys! I would like to have been able to be there to see it first hand! Kudos to Jerem for the Convention Center! Tasty building:-) So many things to comment on-- what with the way digital cameras butcher the color blue, people (...) (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Layout Tables

(...) Dork. [1] JOHN [1] That one may well be T-shirt worthy... (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Lner A4

(...) Lewis, Wow! A very challenging train to model with excellent results. Bob (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Crowd Control (was: Train Layout Tables)

In lugnet.trains, Thomas Stangl writes: <snip1> (...) <snip2> Shudder? Why do you say that? The GMLTC has been doing that for years, and we've only had a couple of problems in all those shows. We don't use ropes, we don't have plexi -- if kids want (...) (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Layout Tables

(...) 1. They are quite sturdy. Possibly over sturdy for some clubs. We have a few members who tend to walk on the tables, so we have to support some 200+lbs. (250 in my case.) 2. They all bolt together, creating a very rigid structure. 3. We have (...) (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Layout Tables

(...) Trains may well be too busy... Put it in trains.org then. I'm not seeing a strong argument for a group THIS compartmentalised at this point. And I'm pretty compartmentalised! (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: PNLTC Layout

Impressive. Is there any more details on the cream building with blue windows? The round section looks fantastic! Thanks, Peter Young. "steve barile" <sebarile@sstanamera.com> wrote in message news:HDq8t4.1tMM@lugnet.com... (...) etc. (...) (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Layout Tables

(...) Right. The reason why I suggested .trains.presentation.hardware is that .trains can get pretty busy, and it would be nice to slightly compartmentalize while fleshing things out. Once all data had been gathered/discussed, I definitely see it (...) (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  SCLTC to display at the Annual Fullerton Railroad Days

The Southern California LEGO Train Club (SCLTC) is pleased to announce our second appearance at the Fullerton Railroad Days at the Santa Fe Train Station in Fullerton, California. Our club members are busily at work on what promises to be an (...) (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, lugnet.loc.us.ca.la.sa)

  PNLTC Layout

Hi All, Here are 49 pictures of the recent (4-17 thru 4-19) train layout we we showed at the OR Convention Center. (URL) some high lights 25' x 22.5' "L" shaped layout, 256.25 sqr ft Perhaps the largest AFOL minifig scale building ~8'x~3' We raise (...) (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Train Layout Tables

(...) Ok here is a basic write up of the new NGLTC tables. Just gives a good overview of what we came up with. (URL) J. Trobaugh North Georgia LEGO Train Club (URL) (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Train Layout Tables

(...) Wow, you did great. We seem to always come in a bit over 30 per pair. Our specs are here: (URL) (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Train Layout Tables

(...) Agreed. Once consolidated, there is no reason not to discuss findings/refinements/new ideas on trains.org No new group is needed, in my view (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Layout Tables

(...) Sounds cool. Thomas Woelk emailed me this link, to a project of his using LDraw: (URL) didn't have LUGNET posting set up on the computer he was using at the moment. That site looks like it has a great calculator for converting dimensions (...) (21 years ago, 22-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Train Layout Tables

In lugnet.trains, Tim Courtney writes: Funny this post was made today. We (COLTC, Central Ohio) build our tables last weekend. We used the design of our neighbours to the north (MichLug). They are a sturdy design, with a kind of standard size top (3 (...) (21 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Train Layout Tables

This is a good idea. I have been in the process of documenting the new tables being used by the NGLTC, we used them for the first time in March and they worked great for us, they are light weight, setup quick, have built in plexi holders, velcro (...) (21 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Train Layout Tables

(...) That would be cool. (...) Our current module design is posted here: (URL) recommended table design will be changing soon. Our track standards have changed, we're now 8 studs in-between the rails. One thing about our club is there's no table (...) (21 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Train Layout Tables

It would be nice to have a single document that captures the different techniques that various clubs have used for modules. And with that acompaniing pros & cons list by the clubs that use each respective technique. This would be handy for new clubs (...) (21 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Train Layout Tables

(...) I think a "normalized" or "unified" design would be a great idea and newer groups like ours (LUCNY) would be happy to see input from the more experienced groups on what that design might be. JB (21 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Layout Tables

(...) Ok. (...) Yep! -Tim (21 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Train Layout Tables

(...) My feeling would be not to create another group; I think that that type of discussion is just fine for the .trains.org or even .trains groups. What I would like to see would be a comprehensive FAQ on the ILTCO web site, or even PP (...) (21 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Train Layout Tables

Is anyone interested in a newsgroup to discuss creating tables for layouts? Tom Stangl and I had a conversation about it the other day, and were interested in seeing open discussion between clubs on how everyone builds tables. This could help (...) (21 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Lner A4

(...) Thanks larry. (...) I would have loved to put in a main rod! But as you guessed turning was the problem. (...) At first that is exactly what i wanted to do. But the length between the front and back drivers made the flanges ride up and off of (...) (21 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lner A4

(...) Wow. lots to like there. My fave items are that you buried the power truck in the pilot skirting, that the side skirts are slanted down, and that you mananged connecting rods, although the lack of a main rod is a shame. (But understandable!) (...) (21 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: PNLTC at Oregon Convention Center - setup day

(...) buttons or links instead of having to "back" to the menu of thumbnails to see where to go next. (21 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.or.por)

  Re: BoxCar - v2

(...) Indeed. Brakemen are discouraged, if not forbidden, from walking on the roofs of cars nowadays. Too dangerous. (21 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Crawling out from the woodwork again.

(...) Boxcars *are* freight cars, so I may not be following you when you say 'it's more of a freight style'... (...) When I first saw it, I thought the recessed panels might be doors. If so, it would sort of resemble an all plug door car... rare but (...) (21 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: time-lapse

There is a free program called Videomach that most of us animators have found very useful for most of our conversion needs. Download it here- (URL) installed, click on the non-commercial use button.(LEGO says all movies must be non-commercial anyway (...) (21 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.animation)

  Re: Crawling out from the woodwork again.

(...) The funny thing is I never gave it much thought. I'd assume its more of a freight style. The only missing part would be the side doors which I will revisit sooner of later. The concept for this boxcar was to make a matching boxcar for my (...) (21 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Crawling out from the woodwork again.

Very nice construction. What kind of car is it though? Aside from a boxcar, obviously. Very cool model though. -Stefan- (...) (21 years ago, 21-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Crawling out from the woodwork again.

Think Spring.... Ahhhhh, Its nice and warm outside! (URL) (21 years ago, 20-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lner A4

(...) Well this is a very fine model. See (URL) for prototype pics. The large spoked wheels? These have a custom rim I suppose? Not sure the headlight bricks at the fron are necessary. Anyway I think it looks more like the Dwight D Eisenhower A4! (...) (21 years ago, 20-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Lner A4

Take a look at my newest MOC. It is a model of the Mallard, a LNER A4 that broke the steam speed record in 1938. It still holds that record. Here is the brickshelf folder (URL) the deep links if needed (URL) comments are welcome (21 years ago, 19-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: time-lapse

Hello Todd, (...) Just to add to the possibilities already suggested by others, QuickTime Pro can also do it: - Make sure the images all have the same name and are numbered in sequence - Open QuickTime Player - File -> Open Image Sequence (or (...) (21 years ago, 19-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.animation)

  Re: time-lapse

(...) I can't speak about iMovie, but iPhoto can do what you are asking. Here are the steps: 1) import all the pictures 2) select all the pictures 3) File menu>Export-choose the Quicktime tab 4) press 'export' I just tested it out with a bunch of (...) (21 years ago, 19-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.animation)

  Re: time-lapse

Try QuickMovie 1.5. It's OS X Ready, and I believe does everything you're asking. It's shareware and quite easy to use. I'm pretty sure it can do 1000 frames at a time, and it might be able to do all 2000 in one go. Otherwise, just make two movies (...) (21 years ago, 19-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.animation)

  Re: 9V Curved Track

(...) Thanks Manfred, and all the other ones, for the compliment / help. It took indeed a lot of time. I worked from March 20 2003 on it every evening for at least 3 to 4 hours. I could recuperate some stuff from the straight track too, witch (...) (21 years ago, 19-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ps2 hopper

(...) so your making one in 8 wide? i will create instructions tomarrow. (21 years ago, 19-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: time-lapse

(...) i'll probably swing by and take a look tomorrow, depending on how far away the display is from the beer :) (...) i'd suggest mjpeg: (URL) a faq entry on how to do what you want: https://sourceforge....id=5776#s4 (21 years ago, 19-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.animation)

  time-lapse

I'm taking a 2000-frame (80 seconds) time-lapse movie today of the PNLTC layout at the Oregon Convention Center. What's a good way to take a whole bunch of frames and string them together into an MPEG movie? The source images, once I get them off my (...) (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.animation)

  Re: ps2 hopper

(...) Looks great, I may have to sort of copy that design for trains to display on SCLTC's layout. I don't have many 6 wide designs in my head yet (since I transfered to 8...). Josh (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: posting setup

(...) Doh! Typo...funny one at that. -Tim (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: posting setup

(...) No love for the 1.5-wides? Aww. Engineer Max (oh the resemblance: (URL) "watch 6-wide Thomass get rammed by bulky 8-wide cars." (URL) (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: posting setup

(...) Portland actually. Steve says: "Yours are too small." --Todd (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  PNLTC at Oregon Convention Center - setup day

Here are a few PNLTC photos from yesterday, setup day[1] at the Oregon Convention Center: (URL) in town for the weekend to see the show and take some photos, etc. --Todd [1] setup began at 8:30 a.m. and was mostly completed by 1pm. Jeremy Rear's (...) (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.or.por)

  Re: Lifetime of incandescent 9v LEGO lights?

Todd, I only recently discovered the 9V "Light & Sound" system and have been thinking about that question myself. I've been acquiring used 9V lights recently and some bulbs do seem dimmer than others. But I don't know what the life expectancy is. It (...) (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: BoxCar - v2

(...) (URL) Spears MichLUG - (URL) MOCpage - (URL) (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.inst, lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Re: 9V Curved Track

(...) hard to complete it. I hope it will pass the certification proces well. With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen. (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tram of Strasbourg motorized and real...

Marc Schickele wrote: [ (URL) ] Really nice. It is annoying that the friction is so much higher with the small train wheels. (...) Have you considered trying to pick up power from the tracks? Play well, Jacob (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: ps2 hopper

Awesome design. Especially the way you did the roofwalk, very nice. -Stefan- (...) (21 years ago, 18-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V Curved Track

(...) ... (...) It's the 'normal' part that trips me up! Consider these parts: (URL) a geometry point of view, these are pretty similar. But (according to MLCad) the center of the macaroni is the circle center; the center of the 2x2 'L' is the (...) (21 years ago, 17-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Another Metroliner question...

I was wondering how much longer the Metroliner will be available at S@H. Mike McKee wrote after BrickWest that it was discounted in February: (URL) hasn't been in the S@H catalog for a few issues. There were only a few Metroliners in stock at the (...) (21 years ago, 17-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: "lego" hicube boxcar

(...) Thank you for the instructions. Have you (or anyone else) built (physical bricks) a train car with the coupler and bogie linked by a chain as shown in the instructions? If so, what problem did it solve? (...) (21 years ago, 17-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: ps2 hopper

hey man it looks great. It's really nice to see people building prototypes and it looks as if this would be a great canadite to be streched into an 8 wide=). ondrew (...) (21 years ago, 17-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  ps2 hopper

here is my best try at the most common covered hopper in america. the pullman standard ps2 hopper (URL) am also going to do it in several other colors. perhaps 3 or 4 colors. maybe in green, red, and some other colors (21 years ago, 17-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V Curved Track

(...) The 'zero' point is normaly at the center of the part with the y=0 point at the base of the studs. A regular plate has then a Y value of y=0 (stud position) to Y=8 (bottom of the plate) (...) Whats the purpose for this data? (...) Thanks Cary (...) (21 years ago, 17-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: "lego" hicube boxcar

(...) Yes, *very* nice style! later, James Mathis (...) (21 years ago, 17-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: "lego" hicube boxcar

(...) ok, added to the BI portal. now that the instructions are there, can someone build one? i think that would be a great model addition to a LEGO train show. the only thing is the 4brick long bars in yellow. but if you cut a antenna or a ski pole (...) (21 years ago, 17-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Metroliner question...

"Jonathan Wilson" <jonwil@tpgi.com.au> wrote in message news:HDGo6r.1tIu@lugnet.com... (...) logo (...) In the original 4558 Metroliner the stripes were printed however in the re-release, they are stickers. In both cases, the rail logo is a (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Metroliner question...

(...) if i remember correctly i believe its printed (21 years ago, 17-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Metroliner question...

The large 1 x 5 x 4 doors with the blue/white/red stripes, is the rail logo printed or a sticker? (I know the striping is printed...) (21 years ago, 17-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 9V Curved Track

(...) Thanks, Ludo! It looks great. I've been waiting to discover where the 'zero' point is for curve track; your choice is completely logical (but I didn't think of it). Now I have to go and make my data match yours. I'm looking forward to seeing (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  9V Curved Track

Hi, Just to let you know that the 9V Curved track DAT file can be found at : (URL) hope you enjoy it. Regards, Ludo (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BoxCar - v2

(...) That's a good idea. I wonder how it would look, with the studs underneath. Although I have to say that for whatever reason I like the look of the tubing. (...) Thanks. -Jason +---...---+ Jason Spears MichLUG - (URL) MOCpage - (URL) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BoxCar - v2

Maybe if you eliminate the 2x2 light-gray plates underneath the roof tiles (and the clips and stiff tubing), you could achieve the same walkway effect as in the example photos. Nice cars! Mark "Jason Spears" <spearjr@hotmail.com> wrote in message (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BoxCar - v2

(...) I guess I will have to resort to calling that bar a random detail. It's greebles gosh darnit. (Trains can have greebles, right?) Thanks for the info guys. :) -Jason +---...---+ Jason Spears MichLUG - (URL) MOCpage - (URL) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: "lego" hicube boxcar

(...) im aso doing a 8 door design. i might alter the doors tho. looking at real doors , maybe i will increase the size to 8 x 8 instead of 8 x 6. the total car lenth is 48 . should i make it so it also can be open? (basically add studs to the (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Modified RDC

(...) Found this article: (URL) the way towards the bottom, look for the picture) (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: "lego" hicube boxcar

(...) Yeah! I totally dig the door. -Tim (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: "lego" hicube boxcar

Wow that's nice! Great door design... I like it. Robin W GFLTC (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  Re: "lego" hicube boxcar

(...) Great design! I would love to see instructions for this! Jake --- Jake McKee Webmaster - B.I. Portal (URL) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

  "lego" hicube boxcar

here is the final design on the lego 4 door car. if anyone wants instructions let me know, or any suggestions? brickshelf folder (URL) link (URL) did some research, and this can be built. i think it would be funny to see this at a lego train show. (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad) !

  Re: Modified RDC

No kidding! What the heck is the that thing? Buck Roger's train car?!? Good lord, it looks like it could hit 250 mph. :^p -Stefan- (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BoxCar - v2

They are indeed catwalks, though they're not single rails. They're boards. I believe they disappeared around 1960 or so. At the least, modern boxcars don't have them. -Stefan- (...) (21 years ago, 16-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BoxCar - v2

Jason, I believe they are walkways so train workers can walk on top of the car without tripping over the ribs. This is not apparent from the angle of the pictures. Bruce (...) (21 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Modified RDC

Now that is most interesting. (...) (21 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Modified RDC

The nose might be difficult to model... (URL) (21 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BoxCar - v2

(...) Glad you like it. I think that bar is there for structural integrity. But I guess I could be wrong. Here are some pics with similar features: (URL) Spears MichLUG - (URL) MOCpage - (URL) (21 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BoxCar - v2

Looks nice Jason. The ribbing on the sides is nice. What's the bar on the roof for though? A nice touch mind you, I've just never seen that on a boxcar. -Stefan- (...) (21 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  10027 Train Engine Shed in backorder!

Well, for the Netherlands that is. Shipping on the 16th of May! Joehoe!!! Jeroen (who ordered 2!) (21 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BoxCar

(...) Thanks. (...) Well yes and no. I was recessing the sides and ends just because it looked neat, then added the ladder as an afterthought. When I got to the top, I overlapped it. Probably not the best idea, but this was still a project in (...) (21 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  BoxCar - v2

I have updated my boxcars. Feedback both here and in private gave me the ideas necessary to make a much nicer car. Sliding doors, roof details, and improved ladders. (URL) :) -Jason +---...---+ Jason Spears MichLUG - (URL) MOCpage - (URL) (21 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.us.michlug)

  Limited Edition 10020 Santa Fe #00010

Hard to Find Lego Limited Edition 10020 Santa Fe #00010 was aquired about a year ago. Wanted to know if there would be an interest if I put it on Ebay Feedback gladly welcome... (21 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: height standards... ?

(...) (URL) is a basic design, based on that of tom cooks, the wheel and coupler design is his, the rest is new. i still need to add a under body so the design WILL change :P the 4 door design will go as a "lego" car as for a 8 door car will go as a (...) (21 years ago, 15-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: height standards... ?

(...) agreed (...) agreed (...) or the something is TOO short! :) (...) I haven't posted in a while and I was feeling a bit cheeky. Chris -- (URL) (21 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7wide Passenger Car Roof uses Shovels

(...) Wow, there are a LOT of very nice design elements in that deceptively simple looking coach. You are a very clever builder! Chris -- (URL) (21 years ago, 14-Apr-03, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact