 Trains / 19836
Re: Train Layout Tables
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 00:35:02 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Trobaugh writes:
This is a good idea. I have been in the process of documenting the new
tables being used by the NGLTC, we used them for the first time in March and
they worked great for us, they are light weight, setup quick, have built in
plexi holders, velcro skirting (added later) and travel easily. I'll finish
my write up on them and post them on the club site. If every club does this
we can have a master link document on the ILTCO site that has a brief
summary of each design and a link to the detailed documentation on them.

Sounds cool.

Thomas Woelk emailed me this link, to a project of his using LDraw:

http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0007612/Pages/lego/ltrax/docs/tables/layout_tables.htm

He didn't have LUGNET posting set up on the computer he was using at the
moment. That site looks like it has a great calculator for converting
dimensions between studs, cm, inches, track lengths, and LDU.

-Tim