 Trains / Train Organizations / 2311
Re: Crowd Control (was: Train Layout Tables)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 04:11:32 GMT

It blows up on impact quite spectacularly too, I might add. The nose
shatters and sprays pieces all over the place! :-)

ohh!  I need one that explodes on contact...but it has to do it in a head on
collision, and be easy to put back together after.

But I think this is where we shine against the modulars... even if we forget
EXACTLY how to rebuild something, it *can* be rebuilt. and maybe forgetting
is a good thing, forces you to rethink the problem. Might be better the
second time!

I just don't see that more or less prototypical has much bearing on this.

There are some of my designs that I don't like to see smashing into the floor,
but most of my stuff has been deconstructed a time or two by accident.  I
haven't yet broke anything permanantly, but the day will come.

Some of my more prototypical engines are easier to figure out than the less
prototypical ones, because I have only thought of one way to do something,
whereas a freelanced loco might be done that way, or another...the set locos
are quite good for that too.

(for example the F unit (via) is fairly easy for me to figure out how it goes
back together, because it is mostly (90%) SNOT)

James P