 Trains / Train Organizations / 2306
Re: Crowd Control (was: Train Layout Tables)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains.org
Date:
Wed, 23 Apr 2003 15:56:01 GMT

In lugnet.trains.org, Chris Phillips writes:
In lugnet.trains, John Kelly III writes:
I think it depends alot on what slant your train club takes.  The train
clubs that are all about the prototypical designs I think have more
emotionally invested in their designs and display mainly for other train
modelers.

I don't know if it is fair to make generalizations about the relative levels
of emotional investment between clubs, but I doubt that anyone who brings a
MOC out into public for display has less than an exceptionally high
emotional attachment to that design, regardless of who their intended target
audience is.

I'm not trying to minimize anyone's investment in time, material, or
emotional in their layouts.  My generalization (and it definitely is that)
is that the closer a model is to prototypical, the more fragile details it
has, the more "perfect" it is, the more the person who built it is nervous
about having some break it.  A hard and fast rule?  You are correct,
absolutely not.  *grin*  No offense intended if taken.