 Trains / 19844
Re: Train Layout Tables
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.admin.suggestions
Date:
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 12:39:56 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Thomas Stangl writes:
Steven Barile wrote:

It would be nice to have a single document that captures the different
techniques that various clubs have used for modules. And with that
acompaniing pros & cons list by the clubs that use each respective
technique. This would be handy for new clubs that are making this decision.
As new clubs come online module design should hopefully evolve. PNLTC is
continuelly looking for new and inovative modeule design (since Ben is
thinking about buying a new car*).

There are many considerations in building modules: cost,
complelity/difficulty of construction, ease of setup, size, transportation,
attaching of skirting, plexi-bariers, wire routing etc...

Right.  The reason why I suggested .trains.presentation.hardware
is that .trains
can get pretty busy, and it would be nice to slightly compartmentalize while
fleshing things out.  Once all data had been gathered/discussed,
I definitely see
it being built as a doc on the ILTCO site.

Trains may well be too busy... Put it in trains.org then. I'm not seeing a
strong argument for a group THIS compartmentalised at this point. And I'm
pretty compartmentalised!