 Trains / 19804
Re: Lifetime of incandescent 9v LEGO lights?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 2003 13:37:53 GMT

Todd,

I only recently discovered the 9V "Light & Sound" system and have been
thinking about that question myself.

I've been acquiring used 9V lights recently and some bulbs do seem dimmer
than others. But I don't know what the life expectancy is.

It is too bad that 846 (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/846) is no longer
available. And the prices on Bricklink are a bit out of my range.

I've been wondering if it is more worthwhile (and cheaper) to use bulbs
bought from Radio Shack or a hobby shop and hook them up to a 9V battery box
instead of the official Lego lights.

Is there a web page anywhere that has a tutorial on hooking up Radio Shack
LEDs to a 9V battery box? I would enjoy modifying my trains as Rob Hendrix
has...

http://www.cei.net/~rhendrix/obs-car.html

Bryan

"Todd Lehman" <tsl@tsl.bu.edu> wrote in message
Does anyone know how many hours of life one can expect from a 9v
incandescent LEGO light?  Or if it is in the hundreds of hours or • thousands?

--Todd