 Trains / 19794
Re: 9V Curved Track
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 05:57:18 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Cary Clark writes:
In lugnet.trains, Ludo Soete writes:
Hi,

Just to let you know that the 9V Curved track DAT file can be found at :
http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dat/parts/?n=4615

I hope you enjoy it.

Regards,
Ludo

Thanks, Ludo! It looks great. I've been waiting to discover where the 'zero'
point is for curve track; your choice is completely logical (but I didn't
think of it).

The 'zero' point is normaly at the center of the part with the y=0 point at
the base of the studs. A regular plate has then a Y value of y=0 (stud
position) to Y=8 (bottom of the plate)

Now I have to go and make my data match yours.

Whats the purpose for this data?

I'm looking forward to seeing the points soon!

Cary

Thanks Cary for the fast reply. But you need a lot of patience for the points.
Summer is comming and i do have a lot to do in the garden. The point wouln't
be an easy one to create too ! But i have to thank you too for figuring out
the point geometry! Also thanks to Tore Eriksson for his C source routine to
calculate curved polygons, witch i translated to VBA and use it in Excel
2000 (won't run with Excel 97 !). It runs good, but need some finetuning
(line type 5 is not implemented, need to create forms to have an easier way
for input, ...).

We (6-7 Flemisch AFOL's) like to startup a kind of club, show our collection
on events,...
As you can read, there's still a lot to do.

Regards and thanks a lot,
Ludo