 Trains / 19785
Re: BoxCar - v2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 16:57:25 GMT

Maybe if you eliminate the 2x2 light-gray plates underneath the
roof tiles (and the clips and stiff tubing), you could achieve the
same walkway effect as in the example photos.  Nice cars!

Mark

"Jason Spears" <spearjr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.trains, Stefan Garcia writes:
They are indeed catwalks, though they're not single rails.  They're • boards.
I believe they disappeared around 1960 or so.  At the least, modern • boxcars
don't have them.

In lugnet.trains, Bruce S. Chamberlain writes:
I believe they are walkways so train workers can walk on top of the car
without tripping over the ribs. This is not apparent from the angle of
the pictures.