 Trains / 19769
Re: BoxCar
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 13:23:45 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi writes:
In article <HD6I1o.17Mx@lugnet.com>,
"Jason Spears" <spearjr@hotmail.com> wrote:
Boxcar - http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/468

That looks good.

Thanks.

The one thing that stands out is the ladder. You make
an effort to recess it at the bottom, but not at the top.

Well yes and no.  I was recessing the sides and ends just because it looked
neat, then added the ladder as an afterthought.  When I got to the top, I
overlapped it.  Probably not the best idea, but this was still a project in
progress.

Did you try doing it at the top?

No.  :(  Sloppy me.

You would have to put a tile between the roof and
the ladder, so I don't know how good it would look in person.

I think that might work, but I think I would have to make the car taller,
because the upper ladder overlaps the one below it by about 2 plates.
Actually though, I have switched to the 1x2 plate with handle for the
ladders instead of that piece.

Thanks for sharing,
Chris

Thanks for your feedback.