 Trains / 19815
Re: time-lapse
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.animation
Date:
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 11:56:27 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Todd Lehman writes:

What's a good way to take a whole bunch of frames and string them together
into an MPEG movie?

I know how to batch crop and downsample using standard Unix tools like the
PNM utilities, but I don't yet know how to make an MPEG.  I've got an OS X
laptop and a RedHat Linux server at my disposal.  Maybe there's an easy way
using iMovie.

I can't speak about iMovie, but iPhoto can do what you are asking. Here are
the steps:
1) import all the pictures
2) select all the pictures
3) File menu>Export-choose the Quicktime tab
4) press 'export'

I just tested it out with a bunch of 1200 x 1600 pics reduced to a 640 x 480
movie. 288 frames
total-took under 5 minutes once the importing was done.

I hope that solves the problem for you!

-Dave