 Trains / 18963 (-100)
  Re: Train(ee) newbie wants to know how large table?

(...) Thanks. (...) I've played around with the program some way back and will do so again sometimes soon. I'm more eager to play with the bricks as-is :) (...) A good advise. (...) It does! Thanks! /Tobbe (22 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train(ee) newbie wants to know how large table?

Welcome to trains, Tobbe. If you haven't discovered it yet, Track Designer is a nice utility to help plan layout designs. You can find it at the Lego Train Depot at the following link: (URL) Other good ways for getting plan ideas are to review the (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Train(ee) newbie wants to know how large table?

Hi all! During the past six months I've been trying to decide weather to start with LEGO trains or not. The local toystore has both the 4565 Fraight & Crane Railway and 4561 Railway Express, another local toystore has a large chunk of the S@H My Own (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12V lego train device electronics FAQ?

(...) Maybe he needs to know how much current the devices draw? That determines what sort of relays are feasible to use, I think... I dunno. (22 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Spoked driver idea

The technic pin I show in the pic holds the wagon wheel in the hub with no problem. I have made several here at my desk. Try a black friction pin. I used gray for clarity in the pic. I am not even going to acknowledge the seond comment. ;) Stac (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12V lego train device electronics FAQ?

Hi Guido, I'm currently working on "automating" a 12v layout as well (although I'm going the conventional analog way at the moment. so no computers involved yet). What exactly do you want to know? the 12v electronics arent real complex thingies. by (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Spoked driver idea

Well I tried it here at home and the wagon wheel is the right size but does not stay in the hub. How were you intending on connecting the wagon wheel to the hub? Let me ask that another way since I know how you build at times Stacy, how where you (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Spoked driver idea

(...) lol, when I saw your pics on Brickshelf I had to do a double take-- Ross has been working and testing drivers and used that exact method! He just isn't happy with the appearance of drivers anymore-- he wants functioning drive rods! I'll pump (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Spoked driver idea

Have you tried that in "real life" yet Stacy? Looks like it would work...guess I'll have to try when I get home tonight. jt (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Dutch Trains

Hello, For everybody who hasn't seen them yet, here is a link to my own designed Dutch LEGO Trains: (URL) 1200 loc and DD-IRM Soon there will be more: Extended version ICE and 'Koploper'. Have fun! Johan (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Spoked driver idea

Real quick simple idea for a medium sized spoked drive wheel with offset pin. (URL) for looking! Stacy (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Alco c420 2010 Diesel Locomotive and a Generic

(...) Hi James, I guess I'm a little late responding since you've already posted a newer MOC (your HST) but I didn't want to miss a chance to say I think both of these locos are great. I think you have tons of great details in both. A subtle point (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tri-axle Prussian State Railroad Coaches

(...) with respect to the end wheels. Also, the ball-and-socket elements are "swapped". I'm certainly not sure if this different geometry behaves any better when being pulled or pushed. My 3-car set of this design is now deconstructed. Any chance (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tri-axle Prussian State Railroad Coaches

(...) years ago, after James showed off his first tri-axles, I came up with this design, which is not too far away from yours: (URL) 12V wheels have the advantage to make a lower design possible. (URL)I have heard of the translating center wheelset (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tri-axle Prussian State Railroad Coaches

OK, Here you go... (URL) have heard of the translating center wheelset within 3 a axle bogie to irradicate the planer issuses thru curves. Great idea, can you repost a link to that. I'd love to see it and it would make for a good url trail on this (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2003 Trains - great!

I have the impression that the images that we are all discussing here are just very early mock-ups. The availability dates shown are half a year away. Or in other words, at this time, everything is just pure speculation. If the sets really come out (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 12V lego train device electronics FAQ?

(...) devices (...) 12V (...) Know about what exactely? A picture about the inside of the 12V remote control point-motor is to be found here: (URL) is used in the automated level crossing and the decoupling station. The switches are only switches, (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  12V lego train device electronics FAQ?

Hi, I am currently investing time into the possibility of automating my 12V lego train via the I2C bus. My goal is to use a less as possible (relative expensive) relays, which means that I want to put current into the 12V devices myself. I searched (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tri-axle Prussian State Railroad Coaches

(...) Could you describe how they work? I've used sliding blocks for my tri-axle wheelsets, although they can't be any longer overall than a normal twin-axles base. Are you using a pivoting lever system, because you said they had trouble backing up? (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Inspired by new HST set 4511

(...) Nice model. You can get 2x2 45° slopes in that trans-dark-smoked sort of colour by the way. Jason J Railton (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Poll // Postscriptum - Train History

(...) P.s.: [(except from none-track based ones like 323] Just got a mail from a German Co-Afol, who follows the gauge and scale discussion with interest, but who can't manage to post here on Lugnet. BTW: he builds in all three scales 6-wide and (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tri-axle Prussian State Railroad Coaches

(...) Very nice waggons, Steve! I love these very old tri-axles a lot and the idea with the minifig hand inside a lightholder is brilliant and will be copied for sure. Concerning the prototypes there have been waggons made by Maerklin and there is a (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Poll // Train History

(...) Hi Matt, that is not correct as far as I know. All train always used special train wheels (except from none-track based ones like 323 + 396). But you are right: in the early years (from 1966 - 1971) they used the standard wheel blocks. First (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tri-axle Prussian State Railroad Coaches

<dry> Wow, John, I thought you'd never ask! </dry> Very simple idea that was originaly inspired by Jermey Rear (PNLTC). Jeremy stuck a drk gray light saber blade thru the side stud of a 1x1 headlight brick, then attached a minifig hand to it. I was (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Inspired by new HST set 4511

(...) The idea for the dome car uses non-existant-to-us trans-dark-gray 4x6 dual 45 degree slope roof elements. :-( So, no real-brick build unless 2x4 45 degree slopes are substituted. I wonder how rare 2x4 45 degree trans-clear slopes are? (...) (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tri-axle Prussian State Railroad Coaches

(...) Cool cars, Steve (for 6 wide Eurotrash;-) How did you make the cool door handles? JOHN (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tri-axle Prussian State Railroad Coaches

(...) Happy Birthday, James! Sheesh, you are young enough to be my *other* son;-) JOHN (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tri-axle Prussian State Railroad Coaches

I have actually built these and haven't had access to a good camera, maybe tomorrow. They actually run very well forward, being pulled, but tend to bind up a bit running backwards, being pushed. The renderings are slightly different from what I (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Train Operating Weekend invitation (Vancouver, BC Canada)

Ever get tired of watching the trains go round and round at a show? Ever want to build a really *big* layout? Ever want to run trains that really go somewhere and do work? Ever wanted to run Lego trains using DCC? Then here's your chance. On the (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.vic, lugnet.org.us.sealug)

  Re: Copenhagen Metro subway station!

(...) Nice Job! (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Alco c420 2010 Diesel Locomotive and a Generic

(...) The latest version of MLCad has a flexible hose generator built in, though I haven't tried it, and there's a rumour it's not totally intuitive... ROSCO (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Inspired by new HST set 4511

Very nice! I especially like your idea for the dome car. Never seen that approach. I also like the SNOT windows. I hope Lego's ICE is somewhere in the ballpark of yours! Very cool. -Stefan- (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Copenhagen Metro subway station!

(...) This is very cool. Subway stations are such interesting geometric spaces that they beg to be done in LEGO. You made great use of pieces, and the activity really makes an intereting scene. Good job! Amy (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tri-axle Prussian State Railroad Coaches

(...) I've seen models of these coaches in Marklin catalogs, and your Brick-rendered versions are beautiful! Green sure goes a long way toward capturing that classic 'old-fashioned' look and feel. Do the models track well? -Harvey (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Tri-axle Prussian State Railroad Coaches

(...) These are really nice looking. (...) Aside: What amazed me back then was that Dan and I coincidentally worked these up; at first not knowing the other was working on a similar project! This tri-axle project is likely what really motivated me (...) (22 years ago, 9-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Tri-axle Prussian State Railroad Coaches

Here's what I came up with when thinking about what to build with the current green coaches. The wheel geometry came from a collaboration between Dan Parker (PNLTC) and James Mathis about 3 years ago (thanks guys). I first saw this when Dan showed (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: see Schickele tram train

(...) I've already seen the pic, thanks for posting it. I'm really curious to see if I can adapt this construction of yours to use in "extra low" train cars, while still allowing for the car to have couplers at regular train height. I've tried it (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Inspired by new HST set 4511

Upon seeing the new high speed train set 4511, I have tried a reverse design immitation. (URL) model has working headlights. The side-sloping nose does stick out slightly wider than 6-wide, plus the knobs on the side are a bit out of place. Looking (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: see Schickele tram train

(...) glance. (...) Thanks. The windscreen give me the Idea to modelize the tram. I find this vehicule had a nice design. I used small train wheels for the cabins and the 2 connection modules. The tram is 6 de large and the fairings is applied over (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Poll

(...) Hehe. :^) (URL) studs with the running boards. I'm getting a whole line of these guys together. -Stefan--"8-wide rules!!!"-G. p.s. Sorry 'bout the crappy pic quality. (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Poll

In lugnet.trains, Matthew J. Chiles writes: <snip history of LEGO train gauge> (...) "thin challenged"? (...) Ahh, my new favorite pet scale: 8wide....GAUGE:-) (1:24 scale) Of course you are right, Matt. When I model "prototypically", it is really (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2003 Trains - great!

(...) At a minimum, you need a state sales tax license which will probably require state registration as a business. Don't assume that there is any great savings by purchasing from Marz. LEGO leaves them very little margin, especially with new (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2003 Trains - great!

It was good to hear of the new trains for 2003. Looking in the rest of the Marz catalogue there is no mention of track, points or speed regulator. Are they expecting shops to only stock these 4 sets and you have to go to S@H for the add-ons? It is (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Alco c420 2010 Diesel Locomotive and a Generic

(...) It looks good, I was just being silly. (...) Funny thing is that my SD-40s steps are straight up, and they should be successively recessed. (...) Me neither, I use overlapping light sabers to simulate tubing. I haven't tried to doing real (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Poll

(...) This reminds me of the legend of the current standard gauge, - that it was passed down from Roman times because that's what their chariot wheel widths were. Well, in the case of Lego where did our gauge come from? Where did 9V gauge come from? (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Copenhagen Metro subway station!

(...) I considered writing the Copenhagen Metro Company and ask if they could use my model for some purpose. But the model was only built for my own fun (and of course to be published on Brickshelf and Lugnet!). I haven't yet attended any LEGO train (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Alco c420 2010 Diesel Locomotive and a Generic

(...) Yeah, I probably shouldn't have even announced this MOCery of the USA diesel. You and others have spent years fine-tuning and perfecting the look of the USA diesels. I'm playing catch-up and obviously not matching your specific and mutual (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Width with respect to weight (was: Re: New Poll)

(...) I noticed the gaff, but didn't want to embarrass Rhinehart;-D (...) I don't normally make 2 axle cars, but I did create an Annie and Claribel for my Thomas the Tank Engine recently. These cars are British, and while they are pretty straight (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Minifigure Scale

It would also make minifigures around 3-4 feet wide with a 18" diameter head. It's silly to think you can use the mini-figures to prototype anything to the level of detail you want to model. For your pure prototyping you might as well use your own (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Poll

Hi Ben and John, first my name is written Meier, not Meyer. Ben will never learn this ;-) For sure, it makes a real big difference. Mostly all freight cars before the 2nd world war have been 2 axle cars in Germany, same applies to other european (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Copenhagen Metro subway station!

(...) Absolutely incredible! Packed full of features and minute details. I love the adverts and the automatic ticket machines. Far more than I do in real life, in fact! Brilliant mate. -Matthew Wightwick. (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Concerning this new train poll

Harvey, While I agree LP is a cyberbully at times, in his defense, Rob Hendrix was the person who replied with the "you missed something" message regarding your poll. Whether or not LP contacted privately or publicly (and I missed it), usually you (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general) !

  Re: Alco c420 2010 Diesel Locomotive and a Generic

(...) Nice Alco, the generic is a bit um... generic :) There are lots of things I like. Quite simply, green is always nice. I like the steps up to the engine. I never thought of using those 1x2 with channels as steps (has someone else announced an (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Copenhagen Metro subway station!

(...) That looks great. However, I have to say, ooh nice train. You went to great lengths to get windows the shape that you wanted. Chris (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: GG-1 Model Complete

(...) Did I ever say, wow. If I didn't, I should have. That is a very impressive. Are the pictures of the real model up? I tried going into your GG-1 folder but it isn't moderated. Chris (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: NSW 40 Class...revamped yet again!

(...) My comment was more aimed at whether the number and style of windows matched the prototype. I actually use the open window look on my engines (I usually leave out one window on the engineer's side of the cab). Open window or not, it is still a (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Poll

(...) G' Morning, John! (...) I'm not Dirk, but I can try to tell him, you asked for him. He announces on this board now and then, so he might follow anyway... [length, width, weight]. (...) I would tend to compare even 3 waggons against 3 waggons (...) (22 years ago, 8-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A quick fix Re: New train poll

(...) What about 0 studs ? For trains made out of just Lego stickers on their side. pete.w (what am I doing in this ng) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: A quick fix Re: New train poll

(...) ROSCO (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Poll

(...) Dirk? Wo sind Sie? Lassen wir sprechen! (...) Proof! I need proof! Weigh your 7 wides against any 8 wides (but be sure to weigh the same lengths (2 8wides vs 3 6wides, for instance). (...) I must say that the coolest designs of LEGO trains (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2003 Trains - great!

(...) I know, and I hope they do sell well. The freight train is probably the only one I'm interested in, but I might just stick to buying parts. I'd certainly like a closer look. (...) Don't forget the classic tan + brown. It really needs to be (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Poll

(...) widths), (...) I have do disagree somewhat, John! There IS in fact much difference. At least in one point which is quite important for classic Eurotrash: ask for e.g. Dirk 'Rollingbricks' Meyer for his problems with 8-wide 2-axle cars (as they (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Poll

(...) Or at least add a "other" alternative to cover everything else... Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) SPAM when e-mailing) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Poll

Snip (...) Snip this does of course change with the different loading gauges used in countries, eg US is bigger than Europe which is bigger than UK, using the same track gauge. this has been covered before (URL)Nine would be okay, but going odd (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Concerning this new train poll

(...) Who has made the last couple train-related polls? And why would he mention the subject now? (...) E=MC² (...) Seems to me that the numbers speak for themselves (...) There is no particular measure to 'fun', everybody enjoys a different degree (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: 2003 Trains - great!

(...) fingers (...) twice...." (...) Very kind words.... Thanks, you seem to have high expectations in my building abilities. But for the freight train I think that is a quite good design. And we always have to be aware: these are sets to aim at (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  A quick fix Re: New train poll

(...) <snip> Hoping I can satisfy everyone with this one, (URL) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Copenhagen Metro subway station!

(...) Very nicely done. The skylight is great. I will have to borrow that for my next town creation. The advertisments are neat too. The details everywhere are very nice. Is this to be part of a larger layout or creation? I am sure this would go (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2003 Trains - great!

(...) No, I think if Ben had faked some new sets he might actually have come up with ones I'd like to buy... Sorry. I'm all for expanding the train range. But these just don't have any huge appeal to me. By the way Ben, how's your building schedule? (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Calling for BricksWest train sessions

Hi All, Listed below are the current train sessions that are being presented at BW 2003. If you are interested in presenting or co-presenting a session please LMK. There's no topic concerning electronics or Mindstorms etc., that would be great. How (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Concerning this new train poll

(...) Hi Harvey, it has been me, who criticised your poll. Larry was only jumping in much later in the thread and he did not even uttered your name, was NOT speaking about your poll, but about making up polls in general. ***...*** Really, if people (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: 2003 Trains - great!

(...) I had nearly the same thought, Erik. The quality of these pictures is not so much better tham those in my year 2000 april fools joke. Models are dark and fuzzy, track is missing and the models are photographed in a way that they are partly out (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Blue Express passenger train with a cool front (?)

(...) Thanks for sharing this surprising design. Very well done! And your other brickshelf galleries (especially the bridges and the station) are worth to be visited as well - long time ago, since I had visited them. Kind Regards, Ben (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2003 Trains - great!

(...) Yes, and it was very clever of him to comment on the sets as if he had never seen them before. I'll bet the dark gray spray paint was still on his fingers when he posted! Crafty Ben..... "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice...." ;-) JOHN (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Concerning this new train poll

Mr. Larry Pieniazek, I don't appreciate you slamming and insulting each and everything I have to say. Who cares if this poll doesn't include every possible option, LUGNET is (or was) supposed to be fun! I thought we had 'discussed' this before. Now (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general) !

  Re: New Poll

(...) And 2 wide! Which, after all, LEGO themselves did. (URL) did Shaun Sullivan. And that makes it official. :-) Really, if people are going to make polls (for anything other than trolling, that is), it would be nice if they did a little asking (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Poll

(...) You also forgot 1-wide 8?) ROSCO (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2003 Trains - great!

Great? well... a few very nice parts: (2x) drk gray Santa Fe style windshield, drk gray train (4x) windows and (2x) doors, (8x) drk gray container doors, and (2x) gray big boxcar sliders, assuming symmetry. Go, all you Bricklink store keepers! (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Poll

(...) *Ideally*, given that the gauge of the track is just under 5 studs, the correct train width would be 10 studs wide (assuming standard gauge of 4 feet 8 1/2 inches). That puts you at a scale of 1 stud = 1 foot. That makes minifigs about 5 feet (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2003 Trains - great!

Excellent!!!! Well, there goes MY raise..... Play Well!!!! MCH (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Alco c420 2010 Diesel Locomotive and a Generic

  Re: 2003 Trains - great!

I think Ben should say if he made the pictures this time. I think Ben would have used more green and red colors, but maybe the low-key approach is part of the trick. (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Copenhagen Metro subway station!

(...) Esben, Very nice interpretation. I really like your favorite picture as well. I love all the tiny little details in the minifigures and what they're doing above the platform. Excellent work, always nice to see a new station. -Kevin (22 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Alco c420 2010 Diesel Locomotive and a Generic

(...) Never mind... the 420's a high nose, I got confused with the low nose generic. Both are great models though! (22 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Alco c420 2010 Diesel Locomotive and a Generic

(...) Do you have a source for that assertion? It's been my observation with low noses that they tend to operate short hood first when on lead. It would be a rare road that operated a low nose long hood first as general practice, unless they got it (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 2003 Trains - great!

In lugnet.trains, Roy Gal writes: snip... (...) Indeed, looks like there are many excellent new sets coming out. It's going to be an expensive year! ;-) My question is, has anyone here setup an account with Marz Distribution? I haven't put a lot of (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Alco c420 2010 Diesel Locomotive and a Generic

(...) Thanks for the clarification and description of this beast. I haven't found any additional pictures, yet, of this exact Alco c420 style. I am wondering if the "hidden" side and front (lone end, as you describe) are different in any ways to my (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Copenhagen Metro subway station!

Gorgeous! My favorite little details are the phone booth and the escalator. Bruce (22 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Alco c420 2010 Diesel Locomotive and a Generic

(...) <snip> Great choice of colors, and an ALCO is to drool over. They belch smoke and growl like a beast! Don't know if it makes any difference to you, but the long hood end is the front on these units (makes for a more dramatic appearance leading (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Copenhagen Metro subway station!

Hello all LEGO train fans! My most recent model is an underground station from the new Copenhagen MiniMetro opened October 2002. (URL) station is primarily based on the station Lergravsparken but includes elements from the other stations on the line (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.dk.kb.kob, lugnet.announce) !!

  Re: Blue Express passenger train with a cool front (?)

Very nice! Thanks for including the cut-away shot that shows the construction technique. Bruce (22 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: see Schickele tram train

(...) No doubt about that!... Comparing to your own design (one of my favourites BTW), it becomes obvious that 6 wide is better for scale but 8 wide takes the prize for detail... :-) The 7 segments retain fairly accurate proportions, at least on a (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Alco c420 2010 Diesel Locomotive and a Generic

Took a cross-country Amtrak trip from Albuquerque to New York City this past Christmas. Road to Chicago on the Southwest Chief and then to NYC on the Lakeshore Limited. Saw a few locs to inspire some virtual construction. The first is a go at the (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  see Schickele tram train

This tram model caught my attention. Uses a new windscreen element to achieve the perfect look for this imitation of the real thing. (URL) model Marc! later, James Mathis (22 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Blue Express passenger train with a cool front (?)

(...) I think it is a fantastic use of the 4-wide cockpit window element. Very cool how you integrated the sloping nose around 45 degree slopes and inverse slopes. Well done. Your metrostation and white/black metro train look good, too. Thanks for (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Poll

(...) I agree. I try to build all new trains 7 wide. It's a bit more work but it does seem to be the ideal size for the track. KL (22 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rotary dump for hopper cars (was: Round parts on the side of...)

(...) Definitely. I bet you could even find a prototype for it somewhere if you hunted hard enough. Perhaps body mounted rather than truck mounted would be necessary to avoid somewhat silly looking trucks, though. (...) Yep. They're called unit (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Rotary dump for hopper cars (was: Round parts on the side of...)

(...) If the circle ends up being a bit too small to center the couplers, couldn't you build a different hopper that has the couplers a brick or two higher? Sure, it would only work with other hoppers with the same coupler design, but most of the (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Blue Express passenger train with a cool front (?)

Hello all LEGO train fans! Please have a look at my Blue Express passenger train on (URL) earlier trains have all been red or white so now I wanted to try the blue color. Also, I wanted to use all my transparent panes and the cool front window from (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.dk.kb.kob) !

  Re: GG-1 Model Complete

The inner trucks are just floating - this does lead to occasional (ok, often) derailments. The engine can handle turnouts and crossings, but not as consistantly as I would like. (...) (22 years ago, 6-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact