 Trains / 18936
Re: Tri-axle Prussian State Railroad Coaches
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 04:22:46 GMT

I have actually built these and haven't had access to a good camera, maybe
tomorrow. They actually run very well forward, being pulled, but tend to
bind up a bit running backwards, being pushed.

The renderings are slightly different from what I built. I have been trying
various detailing on the doors and "log" columns. The built ones have the
same doors, but the log stack is different and are not all idnetical. The
rear most stack is (from top to bottom) a 1x2, two 1x1 headlights with black
tile "HC310" (whatever that licence plate reads), then three green logs on
top of that. The remainders are two 1x2's and three 1x2 logs. This breaks up
the side panel a bit and holds down the number of green log bricks.

Another thing, fortunately, but unintentional, is the fact that the lighting
in these renderings make the green look dark, like the real life paint. The
ABS coaches are a bit brighter.

SteveB

In lugnet.trains, Harvey Henkelman writes:
In lugnet.trains, Steve Barile writes:
Here's what I came up with when thinking about what to build with the
current green coaches. The wheel geometry came from a collaboration between
Dan Parker (PNLTC) and James Mathis about 3 years ago (thanks guys). I first
saw this when Dan showed us and I couldn't believe the center wheel, "how
weird", but cool to model for something different. A simple design but
captures the essence. I can't seem to find any images of these on-line,
anyone over in Europe have a link?

Four Car set...
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/SEBarile/coaches/Tri-Axle/tri-axle_4x_iso1.jpg

3 Bay First Class coach
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/SEBarile/coaches/Tri-Axle/tri-axle_3bay.jpg

4 Bay Second Class coach
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/SEBarile/coaches/Tri-Axle/tri-axle_4bay.jpg

3 Bay First Class coach w/cupula (rear car)
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/SEBarile/coaches/Tri-Axle/tri-axle_3baycop.jpg

Combo Second Class Coach/Baggage
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/SEBarile/coaches/Tri-Axle/tri-axle_2baybag.jpg

SteveB

I've seen models of these coaches in Marklin catalogs, and your
Brick-rendered versions are beautiful! Green sure goes a long way toward
capturing that classic 'old-fashioned' look and feel. Do the models track
well? -Harvey