 Trains / 18982
Re: Tri-axle Prussian State Railroad Coaches
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 16:12:24 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Steve Barile writes:
OK, Here you go...
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/SEBarile/coaches/Tri-Axle/tri-axle_just_wheels.jpg

I have heard of the translating center wheelset within 3 a axle bogie to
irradicate the planer issuses thru curves. Great idea, can you repost a link
to that. I'd love to see it and it would make for a good url trail on this
topic.
SteveB

Here's a quick MLCAD sketch of my version:
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/j.j.railton/specials/sliding_axle.gif.

I like yours though, as it adds flexibility to the end axles.  Mine is still
limited by the separation of the two outermost axles, like any two-axled wagon.

Perhaps a better method would be a sliding centre block, and bogeys front
and rear either linked to it or auto-centred by elastic bands.

Jason J Railton