 Trains / 18928
18927  |  18929
Subject:
Tri-axle Prussian State Railroad Coaches
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 23:36:32 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Here's what I came up with when thinking about what to build with the
current green coaches. The wheel geometry came from a collaboration between
Dan Parker (PNLTC) and James Mathis about 3 years ago (thanks guys). I first
saw this when Dan showed us and I couldn't believe the center wheel, "how
weird", but cool to model for something different. A simple design but
captures the essence. I can't seem to find any images of these on-line,
anyone over in Europe have a link?

Four Car set...
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/SEBarile/coaches/Tri-Axle/tri-axle_4x_iso1.jpg

3 Bay First Class coach
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/SEBarile/coaches/Tri-Axle/tri-axle_3bay.jpg

4 Bay Second Class coach
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/SEBarile/coaches/Tri-Axle/tri-axle_4bay.jpg

3 Bay First Class coach w/cupula (rear car)
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/SEBarile/coaches/Tri-Axle/tri-axle_3baycop.jpg

Combo Second Class Coach/Baggage
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/SEBarile/coaches/Tri-Axle/tri-axle_2baybag.jpg

SteveB