 Trains / 18949
Re: Tri-axle Prussian State Railroad Coaches
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 9 Jan 2003 17:10:08 GMT

OK, Here you go...
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/SEBarile/coaches/Tri-Axle/tri-axle_just_wheels.jpg

I have heard of the translating center wheelset within 3 a axle bogie to
irradicate the planer issuses thru curves. Great idea, can you repost a link
to that. I'd love to see it and it would make for a good url trail on this
topic.
SteveB

In lugnet.trains, Jason J. Railton writes:
In lugnet.trains, Steve Barile writes:
Here's what I came up with when thinking about what to build with the
current green coaches. The wheel geometry came from a collaboration between
Dan Parker (PNLTC) and James Mathis about 3 years ago (thanks guys). I first
saw this when Dan showed us and I couldn't believe the center wheel, "how
weird", but cool to model for something different. A simple design but
captures the essence. I can't seem to find any images of these on-line,
anyone over in Europe have a link?

Could you describe how they work?  I've used sliding blocks for my tri-axle
wheelsets, although they can't be any longer overall than a normal
twin-axles base.  Are you using a pivoting lever system, because you said
they had trouble backing up?

Jason J Railton